classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ford Trucks Specialty Plate

Machspeed
Administrator
Hey friends, looking for a vintage specialty plate as pictured below. Email me if you have one for sale, please.

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ford Trucks Specialty Plate

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Or, know of one for sale?  I'm thinking Mr Find It (David) might find it for you.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Machspeed wrote
Hey friends, looking for a vintage specialty plate as pictured below. Email me if you have one for sale, please.
Would you believe that I just gave away one of these plates??>..lol. Well, sort of. These plates are getting really hard to find, and I had looked for one for 3-4 years straight with no luck. I happened to be scanning the online classifieds coast to coast one day, and I came across this ad on the west coast of a guy trying to sell an Econoline grill (as a Bullnose grill) and he was going to throw in one of these Ford plates that he said had been hanging on the wall in his garage for decades. A few emails later, I ended up buying the plate and he mailed it across the country to me...3500+ miles. I had it proudly displayed on the front of my '84.

The province did away with our front plate requirement 20+ years ago, so we can put whatever we want up front. The day I listed my '84 for sale, a friend of mine...also a hardcore Ford guy, even more so than me, messaged me and asked if he could buy the plate. I had no plans of letting it go with the truck, but other than that, it was probably going to hang on the wall in my garage until somebody wanted one. Anyway, months later, I finally ended up dropping the plate off to him just last week. This is always the way. Somebody else one here has one on the front...I think Reamer??

So good luck in your hunt John. I think they look very cool, but they are getting hard to find.

PS: Good trivia question for the guys that are old enough to remember is, what era/years are these plates from? My friend and I were just discussing this last week, and we kinda figured that they were late 70's to the late 80's? Does that sound right?
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
Somebody else one here has one on the front...I think Reamer??
Yes, Ron has one up front, and I think it was his truck that inspired me to hunt all over the planet for one as well!

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
PS: Good trivia question for the guys that are old enough to remember is, what era/years are these plates from? My friend and I were just discussing this last week, and we kinda figured that they were late 70's to the late 80's? Does that sound right?
Straight from Bill's memory:

NumberDummy wrote
Originally sold in the 1980's/90's Ford Motorsport catalog, list price was around 10 bucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So Angelo's Motorsport catalog should show them?  Cool!  We might be able to track some down with the part number.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Ohhhhh jeez Cory, you're killing me....LOL! Just gave it away....

Maybe he'd want to sell it?

I remember these plates back in the day, thinking they were, as you said, a late 70 to 80's thing. Strange that I showed no interest in them back then.  
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Cancel this request. Found something else.
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Tease!  What did you find???