Ford Fuel Injection.com or Old Fuel Injection.com?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ford Fuel Injection.com or Old Fuel Injection.com?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
What do y'all know about the fordfuelinjection.com and then the oldfuelinjection.com websites?  I ask because with Chris' help I've come into possession of the files from there and wonder if and how we can use them.

The author of some of the articles, like Inject Your Horse, is Ryan McCormack.  And apparently his middle name starts with "J", which means he's apparently "the" RJM.  I'd like to talk with him to get permission to use his files, so if you know of him...

Here are some of the files I have:

Inject Your Horse parts 1 - 5 in pdf
pinouts for the 5.0 as well as trucks in html

And following are some screenshots of file listings:

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ford Fuel Injection.com or Old Fuel Injection.com?

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It was a real shame that Ford went after the site for using the name.
Nothing Ryan had up there was current technology, and it was all very helpful diagnosing and repairing 'Old Fuel Injection' from the '80's & '90's....

I don't know him or the real story about how it all fell apart.
But I'd like to thank him for the excellent 3G conversion kit.  

I know little about the fuel injection side, but the 3G illustrations were very helpful for me to explain to others what to look for and how to do the conversion.
I do believe all the pictures I had were RJM watermarked. (that computer is long dead)
He also had the injector rebuild kits with the best balance of quality and price that I was able to find back then.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I have the same files and I believe they will run as intended on his site. I have not posted them anywhere due to concern (a) that he owns the work and (b) don't want to anger Ford.

Jim, the 160 amp 3G alternator on Darth along with the cable is one of his I bought from a fellow in CA who needed the money.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I resurrected an old computer and came across this stuff, I figured I'd offer it to Gary since he's so involved in making websites work these days. All I really know is, they look to be Wordpress sites. Ideally, there would be one or more sql dumpfiles someplace to populate a database with, but I haven't really looked all too hard...
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
They aren't all watermarked.  And there are some very interesting ones, like the one below out of the "how to solder" series.

I'd really like to find him and ask for his permission to use them.  But I'd stay away from anything that might anger Ford.

However, so far I've not found him.  But I have found a number of posts of his - from 10 to 15 years ago.
 Here's a post on FordSix.com from 2003 when he was Anonymous Guest: https://fordsix.com/threads/interested-in-performance-efi-for-6s.9744.  And I found him on FactoryFive's website.  And on FSB where he was FireGuy50, but according to these posts he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth in 2012: https://www.fullsizebronco.com/search/299362/?q=Fireguy50&o=relevance

So if anyone has a suggestion in how to track him down please let me know.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ctubutis
I don't think I'd want to clone his website.  I wouldn't want anyone to clone mine.  And, there must be things in it that angered Ford since they shut him down.

But there are interesting things in the files.  So I would like permission to use them.