16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Flareside tailgate part not on master parts book

reamer
This post was updated on .
Gary
Can you edit the tailgate page and add this?
Sheet metal Illustrations Section pg 13

NPD Catalog.
 43020 Bumper, Tailgate.
 80-87, F/side, pair.
Part number is F-40725
 $3.95 a set

Thanks
Rembrant on FTE found this, I ordered a pair....
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Flareside tailgate part not on master parts book

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I'll add that later today. Thanks!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by reamer
Ron - I need some help.  I sorta kinda understand what you are asking me to do.  I think what you are saying is that the illustration on Sheet Metal Page 3 doesn't show the tail gate bumpers that do show in the NPD catalog.  But, I don't know where to put them.

So, here's my request.  Please go to the tailgate page/illustrations tab and do a screenshot of the flareside bed illustration that I've now added - thanks to you telling me where it is in the catalog.  Or, download the illustration here: Flareside_Bed_Illustration.jpg  And then use Paint to show me where those bumpers go.  Then I'll edit my catalog page, so this doesn't get lost, and re-print the illustration to post on the tailgate page.  Make sense?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Do ya one better here's a photo showing location. it is inserted/glued in the channel, so the tailgate does not wiggle while locked in position.  So in the illustration, it's hiding in the channel.
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, I understand. Thanks!  My plan is to add an arrow pointing to where those go and s few words with the arrow telling what the part is and where it can be found.

However, when I get the earlier version of the catalog on microfiche from Bill/Numberdummy we may have the actual part number.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok guys, I need an opinion or 12.  I'm creating a new consolidated page for beds, oddly enough called Beds: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/beds.html.  But it is not yet visible in the navigation menu as it would confuse folks since the pages under Exterior/Bed Components are still in place.  The plan is to put everything about beds on one page using tabs, which makes it easier to navigate.

I've gotten it going, including Ron's suggested addition of the Flareside tailgate bumpers (please go look).  I've gotten the Illustrations tabs done, but am needing opinions on the approach.  The plan was to have Illustrations and Part Numbers as the tabs at the top, and then within Illustrations to have Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails.  Then within Part Numbers to have Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails again.  But that makes the user find the part number in the Illustration tab, scroll back up and click on the Part Number tab and hope he can remember the number.

So, would it be better to have the tabs at the top level be Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails and then within each tab have both the illustrations and the parts lists?  An example of doing it that way is the Box Rail page.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, thanks to your excellent help on how to design the page , I've done the following:
Moved everything to a new page called Beds, Tailgates, & Components
Added a lot of part numbers in the tailgate section
Deleted the Box Rails, Tailgates, and Tailgate Handles pages, and redirected those pages to the Beds, Tailgates, & Components page

So, I think I'm done with that section for the moment, although someone might want part numbers for the bed parts.  What do y'all think?

Hello?

HELLO?

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Looked over the edit you did about the bumpers, Looks great, just what we needed.
Thanks
Ron
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Ron. But that "edit" turned into a major redo of that section. I realized that there was a much better way to do it, so took the opportunity to consolidate 4 pages into one, and add some content at the same time. Feels much better to me - hope it does to you.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
I don't have a photographic memory of how it was before, but I definitely like the way it is now. I did not realize that Ford offered bed rails as a factory option! Do we have photographs of this somewhere?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks!  I like it much better as well. 

I don't have pics, but I think I know someone who can get them. 😎

By the way, I've found a good reason to reply via email - slooooow internet. If I got to the page it takes forever to post the pic. But via email is fast!

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017, Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't have a photographic memory of how it was before, but I definitely like the way it is now. I did not realize that Ford offered bed rails as a factory option! Do we have photographs of this somewhere?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 SRW under construction-- 7.3 IDIT R&D 64mm intercooled turbo 150cc IP stage 1 cam main girdle 13" Southbend clutch ZF-5 + DNE2 overdrive 4.10 axle gears hydroboost brakes

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4 conversion-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, Gear Vendor OD in the works

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/Flareside-tailgate-part-not-on-master-parts-book-tp513p638.html
To start a new topic under Bullnose Enthusiasts, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml%2Bs12971n1h15@n8.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml+s12971n1h15@...
To unsubscribe from Bullnose Enthusiasts, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Hi Gary
Got the Tailgate Bumpers, they are the wrong part for a '80-'86 Flareside (even though it states '80-'86)
these are for the '50s version..
Sorry, time to remove your note on Tailgate page?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ron - How about I state that they are the wrong part and save others the pain?

Also, here's a tip on posting pics. Yours come out huge and cause problems for folks as they can't always scroll to the right once the big picture is embedded. But if you were to choose Large as the size and then add width="100%" to the code that is embedded your pics would be the right size for everyone's screen. Here's an example, without the necessary <> before and after:
nabble_img src="IMG_0424.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Ron, is the picture you posted of your blue tailgate showing the correct Ford part? Or is that the incorrect 50's part from NPD? Just wondering if owners could still use it if the correct part isn't available.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Hi All
The photo shows location, but I'm using 5/8 hose for the bumper, The correct part would be a 7/16 square, 4' log strip of 70 duromerter, (Shore A) rubber.

NPD shipped me a triangle shaped piece, stating '80-'86

Will do better on the pix posting!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ron - You mean 4" long - right?  And how do you know about it needing to be 70 durometer?  And what is Shore A?  I'm curious.

Anyway I'll hold off rewriting until you get new pics.