classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fine Father's Day Weekend

Machspeed
Administrator
Every Father's Day weekend, in Tulsa, the Mid-American Mustang Shelby Meet takes place and I always attend. The event comprises four days, Thursday through Sunday. Thursday and Friday are the road course, Saturday is the drags and Sunday is the car show.

I try to attend all events, though I have nothing to enter except maybe a lowly Bullnose Truck in the car show. The car show is not judged anymore and I'm not sure why on that. Regardless, what is given out are sponsors awards, one of which is from the Ford Motor Company. Only five awards are given. There are a ton of cars at this event...i.e. Mustangs, Cobra's, Daytona Coupe's, GT40's, Broncos....etc. While checking out everyone's rides, I heard my name called out over the sound system requesting I return to my vehicle. When I got there, a representative of the Ford Motor Company handed me one of the awards and congratulated me on receiving it. Man, if that was not the capper for a fine Father's Day weekend, I don't know what is. I never expected anything, as there are so many nice vehicles present. Rob, the guy from Ford, told me that it is obvious that my truck is used but yet well-kept and cared for. They took a bunch of pics and asked me about the truck's history, later stating that their media guy would be contacting me. WOW!

There were other trucks there at the show, but my truck was the only Bullnose. I can't help to think that this speaks to the rising popularity of our trucks. Maybe it's me, but I feel our trucks have been long ignored by the other genres. It was nice to see one get some recognition and all the more, it being mine. Yes, I'm a proud Bullnose owner!

And so get this....for a long time I've been gripping about my fuel gauge not working. Can't get a read from either tank. On the ride home I happen to look down and look what I see. I think it was his way of smiling at me....LOL!

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fine Father's Day Weekend

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Congrats John!  

Well deserved.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Happy for you John!
Nice story!

Machspeed wrote
On the ride home I happen to look down and look what I see. I think it was his way of smiling at me....LOL!
Sure it is!

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Congratulations!  Glad you didn't sell the truck?  

Seriously though, that's wonderful!  Blackie is a great truck, and the fact that you bought it new and have kept it all this time says a lot.  Can't wait to see what Ford's media guy says.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Very cool!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
Great looking truck.

I really like the brightness of your gauges too.

You deserve your accolades!
Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Congratulations!  Glad you didn't sell the truck?  
Thanks Fellas!

Yes Gary, glad I didn't sell it. Funny to think that I came here for that purpose and now,k would not part with it. Everything I've done to the truck came off this website, which was gathered and put together by you and a few others. I've received much help and encouragement here and I'm glad to be a small part of it. There is no better website specific to our trucks than what you have put together here.

Thank you!!!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Machspeed wrote
I've received much help and encouragement here and I'm glad to be a small part of it. There is no better website specific to our trucks than what you have put together here.

Thank you!!!
John, I fully second you, this site is amazing, and its people too!
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, guys.  That's exactly the reason for this site, so I'm glad it is working.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Congrats John on the award and recognition!