Finally a bullnose showed up into my junkyard today

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
40 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Finally a bullnose showed up into my junkyard today

Danny G
Huh I thought plastic would have been default.

Ok I thought that bar was for the jack just made me scratch my head because of the tire iron.

I am not following on the window removal. I am going to swing by harbor freight to see if they have the trim tool for the front windshield... Also something I don't fully know how to do... And some suction handles before I head back over today.

Here's a picture of it

1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
On the window, you can find the instructions here: Documentation/Body/Stationary Glass - Weatherstrip Seal.  And a snippet of the instructions are shown below.

But, that doesn't fit with what I remember.  On some of them there's an insert in the middle of the weatherstrip on the outside, some of which are black and some are chrome, and I was thinking that insert locks the weatherstrip into place and has to be removed first.  Which confuses me as Big Blue is an '85 and I saw that insert the other day.  And those instructions are from the 1985 factory shop manual and they don't mention that insert.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary,

Those instructions are for removing the sliding glass panels from the rear window itself, correct?

Removing the whole sliding rear window from the cab is a snap. I've done a couple of them now, and they just pop right out with a couple trim removal tools. A little bit of spray lubricant helps, like windex or spray-9, etc. I've started in the upper left corner and then worked towards the middle. By the time you're half way across you can usually pull the whole thing out of the cab.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Rembrant wrote
Removing the whole sliding rear window from the cab is a snap. I've done a couple of them now, and they just pop right out with a couple trim removal tools. A little bit of spray lubricant helps, like windex or spray-9, etc. I've started in the upper left corner and then worked towards the middle. By the time you're half way across you can usually pull the whole thing out of the cab.
Agreed - they pop out pretty easy. The last one I did I just ran my knife along the inside, removing the weatherstripping lip.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Maybe that's it - individual panels.  It, too, have popped the whole thing out and it was fairly easy IIRC.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danny G
TheScatch wrote

I want to grab the sliding window. Latch is broken but should be replaceable. Other than suction grips... What do I need to do this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKRIcaWUZA
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
You guys rock .. ok what about taking the metal trim off around the windshield?
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Okay I'm at the junkyard pool and stuff now I decided to look at one of the 87 rangers they have sitting here it's got a really decent cluster in there that I figured I'd pull out and try to sell to somebody but it also has this air cleaner on this inline 4 I didn't know if that should be something I should take and probably pawn off as well
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Does the ranger have an overhead console?
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
It did not
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Danny G
Does this truck have the little black spoiler under the front bumper?

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Sorry using my phone and I don’t think my quote of your picture worked...

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
I didn't see it but I also didn't look for it. Next time I go back I can check. Still thinking about pulling the stuff from that ranger as well.

The window trim and rear window seemed to be in rougher shape than I thought initially. I can still probably buff it out but there is some pitting. The window track was  pretty jacked up so I left it. They had dug some rifle racks in there and beat it to crap.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Rembrant
I think it is there take a look at these close ups. I'll have to go pull it. I just ordered my new bumpers from lmc today. I already have the push guards and inserts in the garage.

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
TheScatch wrote
I'm half tempted to grab the washer bottle these motors are not replaceable correct?
They are replaceable, but the old ones can be a real bear to remove (at least up here in the land of rust). The steel shell on the motor rusts and swells up inside the plastic hole, which might as well weld them in place...lol. Those 1986 washer/coolant reservoirs are nice though if you have an older truck.

Now...I'm no expert on the 300/6 trucks, but I thought I read that the AC brackets are difficult to find for these engines? Might be worth removing.

Another desirable item would be the pedal assembly with the hydraulic clutch. People looking for those fairly often too.

The plastic glovebox liners are nice for replacing the old cardboard ones.

Man if I was down south I'd be grabbing so many parts off these trucks I'd have to rent a warehouse just to store it all...lol.

What condition is the battery tray and the bracket below it where the charcoal cannister mounts? Those things rust away and fall apart up here.
I tried to grab that bracket that the carbon filter mounts to yesterday. No go. I got the filter of and the first two bolts with some pretty hard effort. the last one just spun out... the battery tray was toast and was giving out where the bolt mounted.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Ok yea there is a "L" shaped piece of plastic attached under the bumper but it's wrecked. Has one screw left holding it in.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by kramttocs
kramttocs wrote
Does the ranger have an overhead console?
Scott are you looking for one of these?

I don’t have any firm plans for this one, but the chrome on the map light is in really, really rough shape 😩.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Not really actively but yes. I found one a few years ago and plan to install it in the future 81 reg cab project. It looks like the same color as yours and the chrome is also less than perfect. Mine is missing the clip that holds the light in place so been looking for one or at least a photo of it to try and make one.
Scott