Favorite feature or trim on the Bullnose's?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Favorite feature or trim on the Bullnose's?

salans7
Anybody who knows me from FTE knows that I LOVE Ranger trim trucks. Ranger, Ranger XLT, and especially Ranger Lariat.

My favorite option would probably have to be tu-tone paint. Love me some two-tone trucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
Yeah, i would probibly have to have a Victoria 2 tone Lariat XLT truck fully loaded and looked like the blue XLT Lariat in the 1980 or 81 brochure. make it 4wd, 4 speed stick, 351W and im a happy man. Kinda off topic but does anyone know how much these trucks originally cost? like buy it new off da lot in 80-86. i thought i saw a chart that showed it was like 14k or something in 1980 standards.
Hunting for a Bullnose, single cab, 8 foot bed, decent shape with little to no rust! and under 10k in near or around the STL Mo area, (Illinois is a valid option aswell!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I have some dealer pricing info that I could probably scan in tomorrow and put up on the site.

As for the truck you described, here's Big Blue: XLT Lariat Explorer package with cruise, tilt, camper/trailer, auxiliary battery, etc.  And you can see the other bits in the signature.  (By the way, you could have a signature that tells us what you are hunting for.  Perhaps someone will know of one.)

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
Yeah, as of now, its gotta be a single cab, styleside, 8 foot bed is pretty much it, preferebly nothing too beat up. That is a rare Explorer, super cool though! Ford only made those for a few months and the options for em changed every year. Super neat trucks! Was the Explorer a trim package or like an apperance package you ordered on the truck? cause from what ive seen, it looks more like an apperance thing than its own trim level. Pricing info would be really appreciated! I think it would be super cool just to have it on here! Maybe even add what it would be worth in todays money! If i remember correctly i saw one of the Explorer brochures and the top Explorer package was like a 600 dollar option. Thats probibly 1500, 2k in todays money!
Hunting for a Bullnose, single cab, 8 foot bed, decent shape with little to no rust! and under 10k in near or around the STL Mo area, (Illinois is a valid option aswell!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Custer
In reply to this post by LARIAT 85
That truck is Gorgeous!
Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
Yeah, the XLT Lariat in the 80' brochure is my favorite. the colors on the tu tone are reverse of what Gary has with the blue and dark metalic blue. Looks incredible though!
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Thanks, Chief!  
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
In reply to this post by BullnoseHunter02
here is a pic of what im talking bout
Image result for 1980 f150 brochure
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by BullnoseHunter02
The XLT Lariat trim was a higher trim package than the the XLS, not the other way around.

Since you prefer tu-tone trucks with a long bed, I have always liked the Victorian tu-tone paint scheme and the colors on this truck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKDrWy62u4
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
LARIAT 85 wrote
 I have always liked the Victorian tu-tone paint scheme and the colors on this truck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKDrWy62u4
I remember when he sent me the interior pictures, my jaw dropped on the floor. Looking at them again makes me want to do another Lariat but I want a beater truck this time around.
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
Yeah, i think there may be pics of that one on the forum here somewhere, its a super nice truck tho, i actually had a hard time beliving it was all original! Its even got the bed rails on it. I dont think ive seen to many trucks with those. Couldnt you also get a hard tonnueu cover for the bed like you can on todays F150s?