Fan Shroud

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fan Shroud

AmericanSavage
So, I have finally gotten around to investigating Fan Shrouds for my 80 F350.  I notice from the MPC that the E2TA shrouds were r/b E5tz…and not only that, it looks like 351w, 302, and 351 M take the same shroud.  

I found two:  Dennis Carpenter has one for 45, and 40 shjipping.  LMC has a convoluted, if not precise, information—based on the OLD part numbers.  Theirs is 31 with 12 shipping.  

Here is the MPC snapshot below.  

So, it looks like the E5TZ 8146-J goes across many applications and many models!

Somebody cut mine in half and then nylon strapped them back together.  Likely a Floridian. I kill me.

1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fan Shroud

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I would agree the PN you found fits a bunch of different trucks. That’s because the radiators and fans also fit several different trucks.

Where did you find the MPC with a Ford watermark in it?  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

essmaker
Mine is certainly not the same fitment as yours, but I just got a new one from LMC if you were looking for a recommendation. Good quality and fit.
Erik

1985 F150 4x4 - 351W, C6 - work in progress
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hey Gary,

I bought the MPC on a memory Stick a long while ago (I think from the jungle), and I screenshot the image today for posting here.

It pulls up as a pdf file.
1980 Ford XLT F350
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by essmaker
essmaker wrote
Mine is certainly not the same fitment as yours, but I just got a new one from LMC if you were looking for a recommendation. Good quality and fit.
Thanks for the comment—I am going to go with them too as DC, while close, is outrageous on the shipping!

Cheers!
1980 Ford XLT F350
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by AmericanSavage
Is the pdf searchable?

My copy came as a pdf but it was just pictures of the pages.  I ran my optical character recognition program on it and now can search for part numbers, words, etc.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
I bought a new one at National Parts Depot (www.npdlink.com)
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Is the pdf searchable?

My copy came as a pdf but it was just pictures of the pages.  I ran my optical character recognition program on it and now can search for part numbers, words, etc.
It IS searchable!  It has come in handy a few times I will tell you.  
1980 Ford XLT F350
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
AmericanSavage wrote
It IS searchable!  It has come in handy a few times I will tell you.
That makes a huge difference!

Care to check something for me?  Search in the Illustration or B section for "Section 400" and then scroll down to Page 5 of that section.  Does it look like the one below?  (I'd have you search for P-15520 but apparently the angle caused that not to be OCR'd.)

I have two copies of the MPC from two different vendors and both have the same problem on that page, and others as well.  Obviously both of mine came from the same source.  How 'bout yours?

Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by BigBrother-84
BigBrother-84 wrote
I bought a new one at National Parts Depot (www.npdlink.com)
I should add, I went to JBG and found one for the same price as DC--I think those around $45 are DC original products.  JBG ships it for less than DC.

Then I thought what the heck and went to NPD--they have 2--a thin cheap one for $20, and the DC one--which is thicker and more like oem from the reviews.  $46 at NP but shipping is $12, so I may just get it there!  Thanks for the idea!
1980 Ford XLT F350
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I got my shroud for the 300 from NPD and happy with it.
It was cheap enough back then that I bought 2 as I was thinking I could make one to work out of the 2 of them as LMC wanted you to use the number off the old shroud and I did not have one for the number.
Turned out just needed to trim a 1/4" off the flange and it was a bolt on
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100