1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Exterior 2 position mirrors [E0TZ-17696-D] - NOS

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Nice mirrors, but that last set of two at $500 is expensive!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
I find it interesting that the third link is for the same seller as the set that sold on Monday. The seller has 100% rating, but it’s the exact same photos and is seems odd that one person has so many identical NOS mirror assembly’s.

Clearly I’m a doubting Thomas but this raises questions. I looked at my passenger mirror ( original) and my drivers side which is a 1 yr old replacement, likely from LMT ( which is already rusting btw). The original has a longer bolt anchoring the mini swing arm as well as has a rounded nut. My newer replacement has a shorter bolt with a more modern hex nut which exactly matches the one in this picture. The metal also seems to have a different sheen than other nos mirror pics.

Another possible clue that I was trying to examine is where the main assembly connects to the door, that upper pivot point is flat on the underside on my new mirror, and on my original has a square head indentation. None of the pictures posted allow the viewer to see that though unfortunately.
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
delco1946 wrote
I find it interesting that the third link is for the same seller as the set that sold on Monday. The seller has 100% rating, but it’s the exact same photos and is seems odd that one person has so many identical NOS mirror assembly’s.
I thought the same.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Well I won the mirrors in the first two links, so fingers crossed that I like them!
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Excellent!  Let us know, please.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
These arrived yesterday. Its bittersweet as I wont be mounting them until my truck is fixed, but they look beautiful!!!!! And they actually swing/move in my hands which is critical.

The new mirror i got last year, while manufactured to have a 'swing' mounting hinge, doesn't actually move . It also doesn't have a nut underneath to tighten/loosen to try and address that issue. If you push harder it simply starts to move the door sheet metal, rather than swing the mirror.

I slid these out briefly to look at them and them put them back in their original boxes for safe keeping.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator