Exhaust manifolds.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Exhaust manifolds.

Redneckedness
my son is looking to put headers on his 84 f250 4x4 4 speed with a 460. Does anyone have any suggestions? Was hoping to get shorties.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Exhaust manifolds.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I actually have a pair of L&L's for sale that I took off of Big Blue.  They were the nickle plated ones, which are no longer available.  But they are for a carb'd 460 and I'm going with the EFI heads which take different exhausts.

The only problem I had with them was that the driver's side touched the frame.  But the engine was tilted to the driver's side for some reason, and had I stayed with the carb'd engine I was going to put a 1/4 plate between the engine and the mount on the driver's side which would have leveled the engine and moved the header away from the frame.

In spite of what people say about leaks with headers, I had none.  That's probably due to the 1/2" flange that bolts to the head on L&L's.  So I'm going back with L&L's.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Redneckedness
In reply to this post by Redneckedness
What are you asking for them?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I sent you an email.  I don't mind people discussing prices on here, but it just seemed like email was better.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI