27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Emoticon Change

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've added a "Thinking" emoticon:

But to keep the # of emoticons down I deleted the "Ninja".  I hope that wasn't your favorite, but no one seems to be using it so I hope you don't mind.  However, if you do please let me know which one you'd prefer I replace with "Thinking".

Also, I have the ability to change the "Thinking" the emoticon as well as the size thereof, so let me know if you think we should have a different one or if it needs to be a different size.

So, please let me know your thoughts.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Emoticon Change

kramttocs
Administrator
I like the trade off.
If being picky, it would be nice to have a transparent background and up the resolution - limited to what is out there so this may not be possible.

I know at one time there was a thread for the emoticon choices so I may be rehashing that but...
Where do most of the icons comes from? The ones that are all similar in design. Is this a nabble provided pack?

Edit: disregard that  I see those were created by Hugo (nabble) and it seems to be 'what is there is it' as far as that style goes. I was just curious in seeing if there was possibly a thinking one there that might just need enabled.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Many of them are stock Nabble emoticons.

As for a transparent background, I'm not following.  I've cropped the image down to a rectangle just barely including the face and hand.  So the only "background" is in the corners.  Or am I missing something?

But we can change out the picture if we find one better.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Looks like a lot of it had to do with the brightness setting on my phone that was highlighting those corners. So no complaints from me
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
LOL!  So, you are happy?  I wrote a "how to" in the Administrative section to remind me how to do this.  You might take a look and see if it makes sense to you.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, here's an update.  I've figured out where I'd put the emoticons that we've added, and that was on a hidden page on the web site.  It is called, oddly enough, Smilies.  I've now un-hidden it and you can see it in the menu under Bullnose Forum.

And the reason for un-hiding it is twofold.  First, because I couldn't find it last night so don't want to lose it again.  Second, because everyone can use the smilies on it - even if they aren't included in the smilie drop-down above.

How do you do that?  Simple - go to the Smilie page and right-click the smile you want to use.  Then click Copy Image Address.  Then click Insert Image and paste that into the Or Copy An Image From The Internet area, but make sure to replace the code that is already in there.

Is it difficult?

Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
First off, well played with the gif. Had to quickly mute a work call when that one popped up so I wouldn't have to explain the random laughter.

Second, speaking for myself, I am happy with the new emoticon as well as the opened up page.

(I'll take a look at that guide later)
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Scott - The guide is just for admins as we are the only ones that can edit the site.  But as much trouble as I had remembering how to do it, I just had to document it.

Rob - The emoticon you used  is named "thinking".  IOW, when you hover over it or when you click on it you'll see that's its name.  But to me it is looks more like "duh" or "doh".  And since we now have one called "thinking" I'd like to rename it.  What do you think it should be?

Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
 Makes no difference to me Gary, but I think that emoticon looks enough like 'thinking' that I've used it for that purpose before. We'll probably all have to get use to showing emotion with our eyes only soon...
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, that didn't work.  I changed the text of "Thinking" to "Duh!" and it still shows as Thinking.  

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Well, that didn't work.  I changed the text of "Thinking" to "Duh!" and it still shows as Thinking. 
Duh???
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Sac79
I may have jumped the gun on proposing the thinking one. I've always thought of the original thinking (didn't realize it was called 'thinking' until now) as "duh/of course/why didn't I think of that". If people are using it for thinking (as it was obviously intended) though than maybe we don't need the new one.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Changed it to "Duh???" and it still shows as "Thinking".  Shows how much I understand how this software works.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by kramttocs
kramttocs wrote
I may have jumped the gun on proposing the thinking one. I've always thought of the original thinking (didn't realize it was called 'thinking' until now) as "duh/of course/why didn't I think of that". If people are using it for thinking (as it was obviously intended) though than maybe we don't need the new one.
I didn't consider it "thinking" and was surprised when I saw that's that it is called.  Looks like Duh to me.  But let's see how this works out.  It is easy enough to tweak to fit our needs.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary Lewis wrote
I LOVE this scene in the original movie...

"Did you bring a horse for me?"

"Haha, looks like we're shy one horse"

Charles Bronson shakes his head and says "You brought two too many".

Nothing compares to those old movies.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Rob - The emoticon you used  is named "thinking".
To me this emoticon seems like  'eye roll' but I sometimes use it to mean I'm looking up at the post above.

But I like the chin scratching one!
Just like I appreciate the head scratching one, which I sometimes use for puzzling rather than confused.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I guess this all says that each of us "see" each emoticon differently - and differently over time.  So I won't worry about what the line at the lower left says as we hover over the emoticon before clicking it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm in the middle of trying to add a crossed-fingers emoticon.  But as you'll see, it isn't working - yet.