classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Electrical confusion and mayhem

TrevD
hey there Gary!

I did see the P/LB wire running in the ignition harness, I should have mentioned that I saw that one but the one in question is in a different harness and substantially larger gauge size.
Sorry I didn't think to specify/clarify that part.

these 2 wires appear to run parallel through the main dash harness, from the plug under the brake booster to the mystery plug currently hanging out by the middle of the dash  
Reply | Threaded
|

TrevD
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
!!SOLVED THE FIRST MISTERY!!

But I might just go cry now that I think I know what's going on.

Gary pointed out a few places which I had already looked. I went back though the pages like I had earlier today. I had forgotten to mention that I had saw a purple and light blue wire in a few spots like the ignition harness which I knew wasn't the right spot. I had also found a similar wire in rear power window section but continued on because I was looking for both a P/LB and a P/LG wire.
well after looking all over the power window pages, I realized that there was a black and white dotted wire also going to the same place, similar to what's in the mystery plug in the dash. And THEN I realized that though both of the wires I was tracking are very much purple in color... the diagram shows that there is a PK/LG wire running into the rear window switch along with the P/LB wire.

After googling to see what in the world the plug looks like on the rear window switch for a bronco... I have come to the conclusion that someone put a bronco harness in the dash of this truck.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I will quadruple check in the morning, but if that one wire is in fact purple instead of pink, is that something that Gary or someone can make note of as a potential discrepancy?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Are you saying that you think the EVTM is wrong?  That is certainly possible and I've made notes in cases where we've found that.

But if you just have a Bronco harness in an F-series that's not an error in the EVTM.  So I just need to understand what you are saying.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

TrevD
Good evening!

Before I forget, thank you everyone for your help. And thank you Gary for causing me to double check the EVTM.  

Also, I apologize Gary for questioning the wiring diagrams in the EVTM so quickly last night when I discovered the root of my aggravation... the fact that I, unbeknownst to me, had a bronco harness in my truck. I took more picture of the wires and was prepared to "approach the podium" in defense of the wire colors not matching. Then I decided since I have no clue what bronco the harness came from, I should double check ALL of the bronco years. and its a good thing or I would have made an even bigger donkey out of myself!

My harness has a purple & light blue wire whereas the 85 EVTM shows it was to be a pink & light blue. Apparently the earlier versions did actually use a purple & light blue as shown in the 80 EVTM.  I didn't continue digging to see what year Ford decided to make that tiny little change to the wiring, but it happened.

Anyways, im glad this lousy first impression of myself is over with  , and I can let this topic drift off into the sunset.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
LOL!  Don't worry about it, we all have these issues.  But we are in this together in this community.  Basically this is an AA meeting and we all are addicts.  So we don't throw stones.

Anyway, glad you are getting it figured out.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI