Early 80 Grille

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Early 80 Grille

The Human Wrench
I have a grille from an early 1980 Bronco, the warranty sticker says it was built in the latter part of 1979. My question is was there a one year only grille for these early trucks. This one seems different in that the horizontal bars are not as thick or flat as the later ones without the Ford oval. If needed I can get a picture.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Early 80 Grille

Gary Lewis
Administrator
According to the '94 "final version" of the MPC there were two grilles that were introduced in 1980 - chrome and black.  But the chrome grille was used in both '80 and '81 while the black grille was replaced in '81 by the E1TZ version.

However, notice that the dark argent grille has an E1 prefix on it.  So it is possible there was an E0 dark argent grille and it, too, was replaced.

What color is your grille?  And pics would certainly help.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
I'm gonna say Chrome, picture forthcoming.
Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
The reason I'm asking about this is I am going to the swap meet in Springfield on the weekend of the 20th 21st & 22nd and I am going to sell the grille, this console and a bunch of other Ford pickup parts I have accumulated. I want to ask a fair price and figured this would be the place to find out what that might be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Or, you could bring it to the swap meet and show here in Skiatook on sept 4th.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
Well, if they didn't sell I would, however that is the weekend of Funny Car Chaos and the Dirty South Gassers at MoKan and I will be there. Seems like there is always some conflict in events I want to attend. Gary do you have any idea of a fair price to me and to the buyer on the grille and console? Just ballpark. People have told me that grille is a hard one to find.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
Thanks, boy prices are all over the place. I think $150 is what I'll try. I guess $75.00 on the console.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, David!  That's far better than me guessing.

Btw, I was at Sam's buying water, Cokes, & DP for the teens to sell at the show.  So really glad you jumped in.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by The Human Wrench
When you get your booth number, let me know. I hope to be there on the Friday.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
We are on spaces C17-19 and B18-20 in the shade on the North side of the fairgrounds. Just North of the new building the fairgrounds erected and East of the snack bar.