EEC if you need?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

EEC if you need?

Mark

If anyone has a need for this, I'll give it to ya. Have no idea if it's any good. But before I throw it away I'd rather give it away. I wouldn't think shipping would be but a few dollars.
1984, f150 short bed straight six AOD.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: EEC if you need?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Mark - I'd love to have that bracket, and will be happy to store the ECU until we find a home for it with someone here on the forum.  I sent you and email with my address.  Happy to pay the freight.

Thanks!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
i just knew a bracket would show up eventually
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes!  It's like manna from heaven.  

And I'm happy to store ECU's in case people need them later.  Those living in CA may have to have them, and even many in other states still want to keep their trucks "factory", so we'll need ECU's from time to time.  And the "reman'd" ones don't seem to be reliable.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
In reply to this post by Mark
Gary, I just saw your email, I'll get it on it's way to ya. I'll pay it forward and cover the shipping. maybe sometime down the road it can help someone out. 👍 Not only that but this bullnose community has already helped me tremendously with answering questions to helping me locate parts. I posted that I was in need of a specific driveshaft, and I'm happy to say another member of the forum put one in the mail yesterday headed my way! It's the least I can do to help another person out either now or later.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Mark!  I certainly do appreciate it.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by Mark
Can't make out the part number from the pic... but I think the "CT" code is for a 1984-5 300 with AOD 2WD (49 state normal altitude). As both of my 1984 computers for that setup were marked CT but none of the others I've worked with (to include a Ford Reman for a Manual 300) had that letter code.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
You are correct 👍 I pulled this out of the current project I'm working on. It's an 84 it does in fact have a 300 inline, and an AOD transmission. I removed the factory ignition and went with a single wire GM style ignition. Couldn't throw it on the scrap pile, was hopeful someone somewhere could get some use out of it. Gary is storing it until someone says they need it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, I have it.  I've been on a trip but got in this evening and there it was.  Thanks for the bracket and connectors, Mark.  The ECU is available to whomever needs it.