classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

EEC-V pinout; what could I use?

FoxFord33
This post was updated on .
I am always looking to maximize my efficiency. So if I have an EEC-V computer, and not all pins are used, I am thinking about maximizing the use of the unit. All those pins are inputs/outputs, and I want to figure out what else could I use the pins for with the computer? Would it overtax the unit to run other sensors/gauges?I just need to find a pinout so I can see what's the intended purpose of the pins. I have seen the publication scanned on here for EEC-V, and that has good info, but not just a complete pinout for the unit; only what was pinned on the harness. I want it all!

Edited for more clarity.
Ford Grand Wagoneer - 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer preparing to receive a Ford drivetrain...

A Keeper - 1993 F-150 XLT Super-Cab 5.0 EFI 2WD E4OD 8.8" with 3.55 gear Sold it for my Grand Wagoneer project!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: EEC-V pinout; what could I use?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I depends on the EEC you are using.  Some of them have functions that others don't have.  But for the most part there aren't a lot of options.

You might look at the spreadsheet in this post, which is the one I used on Big Blue.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
Yes! This spreadsheet is helpful, if it is the same as my unit. But, mine also has the E4OD part, so I know there will be more inputs for helping the shift strategies, more outputs for the trans control. I am thinking nobody has published this kind of info, and maybe it's time...

I'm excited right now, and I think I will use that excitement to start compiling a full pinout for my particular unit, but I won't promise to succeed yet. This is one of those projects which can become overwhelming, but I have some patience.
Ford Grand Wagoneer - 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer preparing to receive a Ford drivetrain...

A Keeper - 1993 F-150 XLT Super-Cab 5.0 EFI 2WD E4OD 8.8" with 3.55 gear Sold it for my Grand Wagoneer project!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Notice that there are two pinout columns in that s/s, one for the '96 5.0L and one for the '96 460.  I suspect yours will be the same as the 5.0L, but you want to make sure that's the case.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
I think you will be right on that. It's situations like this which make your work in preserving the original intent of the pins valuable to me, and maybe someone else...

And also, for more clarity to any other readers, the spreadsheet in the above link does have E4OD control pins labelled. Only they weren't used on the ZF-5. I'm about to use them!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I had an ulterior motive - I plan to do the same thing to Dad's truck, and it has an E4OD.  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by FoxFord33
The EEC-V system was used in all Ford products starting in 1994 with the Powerstroke Diesels and slowly spreading until all under 8500 lbs GVWR.

The code on the labels will have a line called a hardware code, this code tells what the EEC is capable of controlling. Specific example, the E4OD capable one is ML1-441 for a gas engine ML1-442 is a manual or non-computer controlled transmission (C6). The other item is the base strategy, for the V8 E4OD combination is AGANxx

Other applications have other capabilities, such as electric fan control on the last of the Panther platform (Crown Vic etc.)

I have some rather lengthy lists I have downloaded, but really do not have a comprehensive list of actual capabilities.

You are correct in that certain pins are always certain functions and if the capability is there it can be enabled once the initial "crack" of the EEC is done it can be reflashed with the proper software.

I went through the pinout for a 2003 E250 with a 5.4L engine, and 4R75W and found that the 8 injector pin numbers match the 1996 V8s. That pinout list also gave me the additional numbers for the V10.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I just sent Gary a set of EEC-V pinouts including one car 4.6L with the dual 4 plug coils and a set for a 2003 E series, 4.6, 5.4 & 6.8L engines.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Got them, Bill.  Thanks.

I need a good place to stash all that stuff.  And compare the various pieces to make sure we don't have conflicting info.