classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Discussions From Testing phpBB Platform

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This thread is going to be about testing the phpBB platform.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Discussions From Testing phpBB Platform

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The options below are in the General tab of the ACP and then the Board Configurations/User Registration Settings section.

In Account Activation the options are:

No activation (immediate access)

Disable registration

By user (email verification)

By admin

So we could require them to confirm that they have access to the email, and we probably should do that so I've made that change.

But we could also set the New Member Post Limit to 1, which might then allow us to force the New Member to post in the NMSH folder.  Setting that up is described in this thread.  However, I've not figured out how to do that.  On top of that, I don't see how the new user would know s/he can only post there, so this could cause some problems unless we have the ability to edit the information they are given during registration.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Discussions From Testing phpBB Platform

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking for an extension or plugin to make inserting a URL easier/less unfriendly.  Here's the only one I found out of 389 hits for "link":  userfriendly URL-input while posting  Note that this one says "Warning: The author of this contribution does not provide support for it anymore."

This isn't looking good for phpBB.  But I've written to Greg, my Nabble mentor, to see what he know since he's moved over to phpBB.