classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dennis Carpenter

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dennis Carpenter sells parts made by others for many vehicles, including Bullnose trucks.  If you've had dealings with them please rate them on customer service, pricing, quality, etc.  And, if you'd like a review would be helpful.
How would you rate Dennis Carpenter?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dennis Carpenter

Littlebeefy
IMHO

Only the highest quality parts. Many of their parts are made with original Ford tooling. Sometimes not the cheapest, but I prefer to buy their version if it's made with original tooling (their website shows if the product was made using original tooling specifically).

I have bought from DC as well as JBG, LMC, and NPD, so I have some comparative experience and that is why I prefer DC for the quality of the products.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
So far, everything I have gotten from DC was high quality and worked perfect the first time.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Late reply, but I'll give my $0.02:

Bought door panels from them. Original tooling, which is nice... but there was a lot of difficult to remove (cleanly) mold flash on the panels. Probably due to warpage in the old tooling (I'm not a plastics engineer though, so take that with a grain of salt). I figure 4 stars is appropriate (although if we had halves, I'd make it 4.5).
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
I only made one purchase from DC, and that was for a set of NOS Ford Flareside bed sides. They somehow found 20+ sets of these a few years ago, and were selling them for what I thought was an outstanding price, at $149 USD each. I didn't know until then, but they have a separate division called Dennis Carpenter Surplus, as that is where I had to buy the sides from. Same location, but had to talk to a specific guy to get them from their warehouse.

They were a great deal for NOS items that nobody else is producing. They were decent to deal with, and the shipping was fair too.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I have no direct dealings with DC, but I have bought parts from NPD that were branded with DC labels.

The specific part I purchased is shown below (for 92-96 Fords). I had unfortunately assumed that DC would carry a little higher quality part, and so I thought I would be getting some really good repops, not necessarily made on OE tooling, but almost identical to the factory ones. These were not. They were obviously made overseas and were pretty low quality. I should have realized this by the low price. The letters are lifting underneath the clear overlay, and they don't all line up. I may have gotten a bad batch, but they don't look anything like the OEM ones. DC's website barely shows any info on these, which I guess is a clue. Either way, if it doesn't say it was made by them, you're probably not gonna get anything better than what you'll get with NPD or LMC.