Custom radio face plate

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Custom radio face plate

Cinamon
Looking for info on part number or if anyone has the original radio face plate for my 81 custom bronco . Or where I may find some info on where I might get one  .
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Custom radio face plate

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cinamon - Assuming by "face plate" you mean the radio bezel, the part numbers and years/models are on the page Interior/Instrument And Radio Bezels.

But you'll see that you need to specify if it is the black mesh weave or the "woodgrain", which is also called Rosewood.  Plus, you need to specify if it is with or without clock and with or without radio.

And once you figure all of that out someone on here might have one!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Cinamon
Yes the black mesh one, 

image1.jpeg
Mine has a crack in it, and I’m going back to stock this radio is not stock so I need this face plate . I have the radio now but I’m in need to the radio bezel ..

On Sep 20, 2018, at 10:14 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cinamon - Assuming by "face plate" you mean the radio bezel, the part numbers and years/models are on the page Interior/Instrument And Radio Bezels.

But you'll see that you need to specify if it is the black mesh weave or the "woodgrain", which is also called Rosewood.  Plus, you need to specify if it is with or without clock and with or without radio.

And once you figure all of that out someone on here might have one!  
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Custom-radio-face-plate-tp14828p14829.html
To unsubscribe from Custom radio face plate, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, to make sure, you want a 1980/81 bezel with the black mesh weave and the radio cutout but not the clock cutout.  Right?  (The clock goes in the three windows above, and yours doesn't appear to be cut out.)

That is E0TZ 1044D70-G.  And for those looking for it in your stash, I believe it will say this on the back:

E0TB-10045A98B CLOCK CUSTOM
E0TB-10045A98B NO CLOCK CUSTOM
E0TB-10045A98B NO CLOCK FORD

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Cinamon
Awesome thanks so much. 😊
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Well done, David!

But, I take issue with the 2nd one that says it is for an 80 - 84.  There is no such thing.  The bezels changed between 1981 and 1982, and it cannot be correct for both.  It may fit both, but it cannot be correct for both.
 I think someone on here (Jonathan?) was explaining the difference, and I think it has to do with the raised bead and the type of mesh.

Also, the first one has a removable bezel for the radio.  Cinamon - I'm not sure how that will work with your radio as the 1980 - 84 radios were an odd size and didn't properly accommodate a later DIN-sized radio.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
1980, not 1981, not CUSTOM, and you would have to find and install the correct clock, but this is NOS [a little dusty]!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1980-FORD-F100-F250-F350-RADIO-CLOCK-BEZEL/372200921359?epid=9013016825&hash=item56a8e7590f:g:ojoAAOSwEW9aWRIf

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
...didn't properly accommodate a later DIN-sized radio.
This & the NEXT few show how I put a DIN & 1/2 into my '83 dash:

It was very solid for many years of driving, wheeling, & crashing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - The DIN opening is interesting, but what is more interesting is the HVAC control.  How hard was it to change to the 87/88 control?  Did the cables replace the vacuum motors?  Or did you have to change out some/all of the HVAC system?

Reply | Threaded
|

Cinamon
The first radio bezel that was for sale is a perfect match, because I don’t have the clock in mine.
Also I have 3 small cracks if you look at the picture of my bezel along the dash, can anyone tell me if they have tackled repairing small cracks like that before ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Cinamon wrote
...repairing small cracks like that before ?
Superglue or E6000 (clear or black) should do the job.
Gary Lewis wrote
How hard was it to change to the 87/88 control?
The dash had to come out, but I think I was doing other stuff back there at the time.
Gary Lewis wrote
Did the cables replace the vacuum motors?
Yes, that was the main purpose of the swap.  The truck's original engine was so worn-out that I had to run WOT all the time, and there was no vacuum to operate the cruise or HVAC.
Gary Lewis wrote
Or did you have to change out some/all of the HVAC system?
Yes, I changed the inside box, and I had to block off its hole for the vent-window register hoses.  But it was worth it for the positive & independent control of all the functions.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I might put it into the '93 EB Bronco I'm building...
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - I like the '87/88 control approach to get the flexibility in the controls, but think I can get as much as I need with the Bullnose control and a few mods I have planned.  Like the Heat Shut Off described on the HVAC page.

Thanks.