classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cruise question

dieselboy_01
Hi Guys,

I recently swapped my 4 speed 2WD truck to a 4X4 with a ZF 5 speed. I used the transmission and transfer case out of a 97 f250 so lost my gear driven speedo. I installed a speed hut GPS box to drive the speedometer which works great and I tried to use the cruise output from the speed hut box but it wouldn't work as it is only 4000 ppm, so I purchased a classics instrument SNZ4Z convertor. It uses the front VSS from the superduty axles to convert to 8000 ppm 12 volt square wave form. However this doesn't work either.

Which wire should it be hooked to at the cruise amplifier? I hooked it to the dark green and white white that came up from the original speed sensor but I can't get the cruise to work. It worked before the swap and I verified that steering wheel switches are working so I am confident it is not getting the signal or I don't have the correct signal.

Anyone have any ideas Thanks
1986 F350 Crew cab 4X4 6.9L 5 speed. 05 Superduty axles
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cruise question

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You answered my questions in NMSH. So your truck was 2wd originally.  Guess you did a solid axle swap.

On the speed control, you need both the BK/WH and BK wires as the input may not be grounded.

But if you have a cable that spins going to the speedometer then why not put a Ford speed control transducer in it?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cruise question

dieselboy_01
Thank's Gary, That's what I was thinking is my last resort. I am just trying to figure out how I would get it in between the box and speedo.

I will try and ground the blk wire and see if that works, if not I will add an inline speed control.

1986 F350 Crew cab 4X4 6.9L 5 speed. 05 Superduty axles