Cruise control wiring harness [used] - confirm listing!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cruise control wiring harness [used] - confirm listing!

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cruise control wiring harness [used] - confirm listing!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm not sure what you mean by "confirm listing", but that won't work as is on the early trucks.  Some place between 1981 and 1985 the pinouts on the curved connector changed.  I ran into that when I used an early harness on Big Blue.  And I don't know that I ever figured out exactly when the change was mad.

But it can be made to work by making minor wiring changes.  If I remember correctly I had to re-pin the connector and run one extra wire.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
The writing on the box indicated it will work for 1980-1986... I wondered if that was accurate? Thanks for clarifying!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
If anyone is interested here's a link to where I documented the problem I had with Big Blue: https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Big-Blue-s-Transformation-tp28014p55411.html.  Start reading there and continue on to this post towards the top of the next page.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI