Checking in / new mods

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Checking in / new mods

Tyler
Checking in on my favorite forum and happy to see you guys still passionately devoted to this project.  What an amazing resource!

Here's an updated pic of my 85 after converting to 3.73 gears (from 3.08), front and rear Yukon Duragrip LSDs, 4" Tuff Country lift and 33/12.5 R15's.

I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for all the motivation and knowledge!  

Recent photo
1985 F150 4x4 SB 300 I6: Comp 268 cam, '68 240 head, Offy DP, FI manifolds, Holley Sniper 2300, DUI street/strip distributor, BW T-18, Tuff Country 4" suspension lift, Yukon Offroad hubs + front and rear Duragrip LSD 3.73 ratio, 33-12.5/15s

Gear Vendors overdrive unit on order.

Oklahoma boy livin in Washington State.  Retired submarine MMNCM (Nuclear Machinist's Mate, Master Chief)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Checking in / new mods

Tyler
AND...I should have put this post in a more appropriate and specifically designated section.  My apologies.
1985 F150 4x4 SB 300 I6: Comp 268 cam, '68 240 head, Offy DP, FI manifolds, Holley Sniper 2300, DUI street/strip distributor, BW T-18, Tuff Country 4" suspension lift, Yukon Offroad hubs + front and rear Duragrip LSD 3.73 ratio, 33-12.5/15s

Oklahoma boy livin in Washington State.  Retired submarine MMNCM (Nuclear Machinist's Mate, Master Chief)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Tyler
Truck looks good, Tyler.  And I'll bet those gears woke it up.  

And yes, we are still at it, as passionate as ever.

But where would you like me to move this?  Easily done if I know where?

Last, did you happen to know Jerry and Karen Boggan at Haskell?  Or maybe their daughter Michelle or son Jerrell?  Jerry passed away and we had his funeral on Wednesday and I discovered they lived at Haskell for several years.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85pig
Cool truck - and very close to what I should end up with.  As of now, it's siphoning all of my car project funds.
1985 F150 4X4 300 I6 4-Speed
1970 Torino Cobra "Twister Special" 429CJ 4-Speed
1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible 331 5-Speed
Reply | Threaded
|

Tyler
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
No need to move it on my account, Gary!

I did know the Boggans.  I think Michelle was a few years ahead of me and we used to go to church with them.

I've got to plan a family visit to Broken Arrow / Haskell sometime this year.  Maybe this time I can meet up with you and shake your hand.

The 3.73s with LSD really made a difference.  This puts me just a tad undergeared from the stock ratio with the 33" tires.  I'm running about 2700 RPM at 65 and have a much easier time highway driving through the hills out here in WA. (I was running 31's on the stock 3.08s for quite a few years.)

The Duragrip LSD is a game changer in slippery stuff.

Reply | Threaded
|

Tyler
In reply to this post by 85pig
85pig wrote
Cool truck - and very close to what I should end up with.  As of now, it's siphoning all of my car project funds.

Thanks, 85pig!

My regret is that I didn't put the gear ratio and LSD in these axles when I needed them rebuilt after I first purchased the truck.  I could have planned it out better but at the time, I didn't want to spend the extra money and was convinced that I wouldn't put a lift on it. But I kinda knew the whole time, ya know...

Good luck with yours!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I really would like to meet you, Tyler!  But if you were to be here on Sept 16th, which is this year's show, you might get to meet several of us.

And I'll bet the jump from 3.08 to 3.73 made a huge difference.  But 2700 RPM is spinning pretty fast for the 300.  Still, I'll bet it pulls the hills easily.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI