classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Checking in from SC

Danny G
New member from the FTE boards.

I am always snooping this site as I work on restoring/building  1986 F-150 4x2 with 300 i6 and C6 transmission.

Building it like a tank, or more aptly like a high value aircraft, interior is almost done.

The thread from start till now can be found here:.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1581088-restoration-project-1986-300-i6-4x2.html#post18846050

I loved these trucks. My dad had an 1986 Eddie Bauer midnight blue and tan, a 94 that was white and tan. So this truck is getting converted from chestnut to saddle tan and black interior.

Really wanted a 4x4 and OD, maybe one day I'll do the swap to 4x4 with help from here.
I love midnight blue.. but being in SC White is nice, as you can see below definitely coming along.

Screenshot_20190731-092942.png
IMG_20190907_192417.jpg
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Checking in from SC

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!

We won't hold the fact that you have been on FTE against you. Many of us have been as well.

Where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to put you on it if I only knew the city where you live.

But, you need some tips on posting pics here. Go to Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's for those. But one of the biggies is that pics cannot be more than 1Mb in size. So I copied your links, pasted them in the http section of the Insert Image popup, and clicked Big Size. (And then I stuck width="100%" in the code to make them full width.)

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Danny G
Props to you for changing the interior color too on a repaint, it's rare for people to do that. My truck was white, but has been painted maroon at some point. I plan on putting it back to white and am thankful they never painted the inside, even though they did paint the jambs.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Following your project. Welcome to the forum!
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary I have probably read about 1000 of your posts over the last year or so.

I am in Summerville SC just outside of Charleston.

On the interior color, yes it was too washed out for me, I have a vision for the interior that's coming together every day. The vinyl sponge that was the floor covering let to a lot of hidden rust. I used a flash light and any hint of a pimple in the paint I grinded out, hit with corro seal then primed and painted. All the plugs have been installed with polysulfide sealant and any screws or bolts through the cab will be as well to prevent the water intrusion that got.it that way in  first place. I then put down Eva matting then jute/foil, then the carpet but I got the wrong carpet.

So I'll have to make a for sale ad or two. Have that carpet for a manual, a vent window assembly and a new door I have to offload. Can mail the carpet and window, but the door will definitely be a local sale.

1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Welcome to the group! Nice truck, it would be a worthy candidate for converting to 4x4. I have done that job, and if you decide to do it you might check my build thread. Please share your project with us here 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  But I don't know your name so for now you are just "TheScatch".

And, I agree with Jonathan - please start a build thread and show us how you are doing it.  I'm particularly interested in how you are sealing the floor.  And, what is Eva matting?  And what kind of jute/foil?  I ask because I want to insulate Big Blue as he goes back together and I'm always interested in learning.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI