Carb problems 85 4.9 l

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Carb problems 85 4.9 l

C.Jett
Bought carb from local company that is nationwide, would not run, they built me another one. It ran good for awhile. I only run it about once a week as I am restoring the truck. Cranked it the other day and fuel started running everywhere. Stuck float? Tapped carb and cranked it up, it ran but seemed as a plug wasn’t firing. So, what cheap china carb are you guys running that’s working for you? My heat tube is on the drivers side and I would like to keep electric choke. Thanks CJ
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Carb problems 85 4.9 l

FuzzFace2
I dont remember who I got mine from off Ebay.
I got it when everyone was buying them.
I got it as a spare and is on the shelf so cant say how it works.

Think someone had an issue with the accel pump.
I think the choke caps if it comes with electric one might be 12 volts and not the 6 or 7 volts used with the hot air asst.
They say to swap on your old one and run the tubes for the hot air.

Think of this as a bump good luck
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by C.Jett
You might be interested in this thread: New/Repro YF carburetor for the 300 six
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

C.Jett
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
Dave, more of a pothole instead of a bump. I bit the bullet and paid good money to a carb rebuilder. The first one would only idle, took it back. Said they couldn’t fix it and would build me another. It ran good for awhile, then it would just flood out with gas everywhere. Though I would go in different direction. All the carbs I have found with elect choke has vacuum idle control, and trans kick down is different. Heat tube will go on passenger side instead of drivers side. My choke cap is 7 volts and works fine. Are you saying two heat tubes? Found one carb with correct trans kick down and correct heat tube location but no elect choke. As I understand , the elect choke just shortens time the choke is on? That’s better than what I have now. Thanks for the pickmeup. CJ