Camber problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Camber problem

Paulco
I have noticed the passenger front side wheel is not aligned straight.
It leans in at the top. I have done research and it appears to the camber but I wanted to check in with the experts and confirm I need to replace the camber.
 Also wanted to know any tricks on how to remove it. The camber looks rusted in (like most things on this truck).

Added a picture to help show the problem.
1982 Ford F-150 XL 4x4 Short Bed with 302 V8
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Camber problem

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hard to tell in the pic, but it does appear to be leaning in.  However, don't look at the front tires after backing up as they do wonky things.  Only after going forwards a few feet.

As for getting the camber bushing/eccentric out (camber is the measurement, the bushing or eccentric causes or adjusts it), it can be a huge pain.  I had to use a small drift to get under the ears that stick out and wound up breaking one ear off - and that was on a brand new bushing that had zero miles or rust on it.

I'd soak it with PB Blaster or some such for several days before trying it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI