Cab changes in Bullnose

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cab changes in Bullnose

chas8180
I'm trying to find out if there were any dimensional changes in the transmission tunnel/firewall from the previous generation to the Bullnose. I'm going to be putting a 7.3 Godzilla with a 6r140 in my 86' and I saw where someone did this with a 79' and had to do a little bit of tunnel modification for it to fit.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cab changes in Bullnose

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know the answer to that question for sure.  However I suspect that the earlier covers will not fit a Bullnose.  That's because all of the Bullnose and later covers were developed in 1980 or later, as shown by the E0 and later prefixes on the part numbers, as shown below.  But the later covers do fit a Bullnose, such as the 87 covers for a manual transmission which are taller because of the height of the ZF5.

By the way, you'll get better help if this thread is in the main section.  Ok for me to move it there?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cab changes in Bullnose

nmchuck
In reply to this post by chas8180
I hope you start a build page, this sounds like a very cool project!
Chuck
1981 flareside 4x4, C6, 351M