Bullnose owner wannabe

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bullnose owner wannabe

Wagoneermaster
Hello everyone! I don't own a Bullnose yet, but I have my eye on one. It is a project truck. A 1982 F250 5.8 litres 4x4 super cab version. The truck is a bit rusty and needs a lot of TLC. In the past I have owned a Jeep Grand Wagoneer which was a beautiful truck. Sadly I needed to sell it in 2011 because I also suffered from the financial crisis. However, I love classic cars from the States. Now it is time again to look for a nice truck, although I live in the Netherlands, Europe. That means size-wise it is not so smart and for the fuel economy also not the best choice. In the Netherlands, all parking spots are very small. I have a company car, but hopefully this F250 will be my daily driver/ go to town truck. In my search for more information about these trucks I discovered the Bullnose forum. Tons of information and a lot of useful hints and helping posts. The truck I have in mind, has some rust issues for which I would like to have your help. But I will post these questions in a separate topic. Best regards, Diederick
Jeep Grand Wagoneer AMC 5.9L (LPG injection, DIS ignition fully electronic EFI DIY design & build)
1982 F250 4x4 351W super cab, long bed
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bullnose owner wannabe

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Diederick - Glad you joined!  

Netherlands?  Cool!  I've been there several times, both on business as well as holiday.  Loved it.

So, what part?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could add you with a city or postal code.

As for the size of the vehicle, we lived in the UK for a while and not far from an American air base where several of these trucks had been brought over.  It was always alarming to meet one of them on a B road as it didn't look like both of us would fit.  And I remember pulling into a pub's car park and seeing one of them parked all by itself taking up almost two places.

By the way, we have other members in the Netherlands, as you can see on the map.  And another member, Prashant, is moving there later this year.  I'm sending stickers with him to pass out to all of you, so maybe you can get together?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Wagoneermaster
Hi Gary,

I live in Putten (zip code 3881ST), so please add me to the map. Would be nice to meet Prashant, once he gets here.
Jeep Grand Wagoneer AMC 5.9L (LPG injection, DIS ignition fully electronic EFI DIY design & build)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  And I'll tell Prashant about the several of you over there.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Wagoneermaster
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Wagoneermaster
I finally bought the truck. It will be delivered to my home this Friday. Now, let's see how fast I can ramp up my skills and make this truck a nice daily driver.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Congratulations!!!