11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build update

Ifitaintbroke
This post was updated on .
Weeeeelllllllll.......

The stroker build fell through. Had the crank and rods in my hands. Ordered the pistons($1100) and after a week with no update on shipping, contacted the manufacturer. They said the pistons would be expected the beginning of May. Canceled the order and sent the rods and crank back. That was back in April. Now it's June 21st and I still don't have my block back from the machine shop. They've had it since mid-March.

So, putting the stock bottom end back in, going all Eddy on top.

60679 heads, 75cc chambers
Performer plus cam
Performer intake(still have to buy)
Comp cast aluminum rockers
Cast aluminum valve covers
Not sure on carb yet but will probably use an Eddy 1406 for initial startup and break-in.
Points distributor with Pertronix Ignitor 3 module(multiple spark)
Cvf racing serpentine belt setup
AC DELETE
Saginaw power steering pump(from a 93 chebberado)
Too much more small stuff to list

Custom instrument cluster is complete.
Speedometer, tachometer, vacuum, fuel, oil, water, and volts all by Autometer.
AFR gauges by AEM Electronics.
Lots of hard work and frustration by me.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Build update

Ifitaintbroke
<nabble_img src="20230621_205414.jpg" border="0" style="display: block; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;" alt="New cluster"

<nabble_img src="20230621_205424.jpg" border="0"/>

Junk in the truck

Pile of parts, looking at a few grand right here.

Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Now, can anyone tell me why all the holes in the water pump are plugged? You won't guess.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke

Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ifitaintbroke
Mud daubers a big problem for you this time of year?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, that would be my guess as well.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Wow. I didn't think anyone would get that right off. They are a problem year round right here. Painted that pump all nice in Ford dark blue, left it in the garage for a while, happened to look at it and... several hole were plugged with dirt. So, after spending 20 minutes cleaning the clay and paralyzed caterpillars out of them, I decided to plug them with paper towels so it wouldn't happen again. Worst part about  it is that I knew better. Y'all have them too?
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We certainly do in Okiehoma.  Tuesday we were changing the fluorescent lights out to LED in our church's gym and found them in some of the lights - in the gym.  How they got in there frequently enough to build nests I don't know.  I can see one or two of them getting in once, but to get in consistently enough to build a nest...  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
We have them in California too.

Plugged up the vacuum holes to a carburetor I had on the self in my shed. It didn't need a rebuild before that.
Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
That's why I keep most of mine in the truck.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Ifitaintbroke wrote
 Y'all have them too?
 We do have mud daubers, paper hornets. carpenter bees and ground wasps (yellow jackets) that all want to set up house in your house during summer.

We don't have any insects up here in winter when it's frozen.

Sorry to hear your build plans got sidelined.
I had a used 650 AVS on my truck for a couple of years. It worked fine once I cleaned it up, but I can't say what jetting it came with.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.