1 ... 21222324
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build update 2

Ifitaintbroke
That's what they do.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Jim, how are you coming along on the rear axle? You got all the parts?
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yes, they do!

I used to live in the woods and had a flock of wild turkeys, tame to me. 😂

They'd come on by twice a day as they went out to forage, and back to roost.
Pretty amazing creatures!

I got my spider gears & pin today, also a gasket although I'm just using the green gear oil RTV for now, and it didn't come from the factory with a gasket. (I guess I like paying for pretty blue paper 😉)

So, the master shim kit and marking paint comes UPS, you can't ever trust them.
And the Dana carrier is FedEx tomorrow (at the local hub, on a truck RN)

I had to go to urgent care for antibiotics earlier.
I hope I'm in shape to finish this when the cold rain stops blowing on Saturday!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I had to go to urgent care for antibiotics earlier.
I hope I'm in shape to finish this when the cold rain stops blowing on Saturday!
Take care of yourself!  You worry me.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Well, if you've seen the WHYDTYTT you'll know that my shims and marking paste are delayed.
So, there's nothing to start with, as FedEx is OFD with the Dana carrier right now.  😡
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Seems everything is getting that way now.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I've got the carrier, but the shims and paste 🧙‍♀️

Somewhere near Chicago at a hub
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Often if you look at the tracking, it will show the package having been bounced back and forth between 2 locations. Not sure how that works.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Jim, I had something I ordered years ago, it spent a week "circling" Baltimore. It would leave every morning, then be received again that evening. It was USPS. I went to my local PO in Newport News and was asking one of the clerks, she went and got the postmaster, who went on their system, I don't know what he did but it showed up in NN the next day.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Ben Franklin was wise beyond his years.

Today, with the Post Office you can have Informed Delivery
You literally get to see a photograph of your package, and are informed as it passes through the Nation.

EVERY STINKING POSTCARD.
BILLIONS OF ITEMS, EVERY DAY!
 Jim,
1 ... 21222324