Bronco Raptor wheels on my Bullnose

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bronco Raptor wheels on my Bullnose

Littlebeefy
Is it possible? Yes! hub bore is 87.1 just like our hubs. It's a 6x135 pattern but it has a big difference in offset so 2" adapters work perfectly. I had to bore out the hole in the face that the center cap clips into so I could fit my externally locking hubs through. That was the only modification I had to make and it was only for the front pair (so much for front/rear rotation!). Waiting on a set of custom BORA adapters to finish the job and I'm switching out hub locks to black so they will look like part of the wheel. If you're wondering, the regular Bronco uses a different bolt pattern (6x5.50) and has a bigger bore (93.1) but I don't see any reason you couldn't do the same with those. I'll send pics in a month when I have everything back together.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bronco Raptor wheels on my Bullnose

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That is cool!  Can't wait to see them on.

By the way, are you going to have it together so you can drive it to the show on Sept 16th?  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Thanks, Gary.

There is something wrong with me. Every time I put it back together and get it running perfectly, I start taking it apart again. I can't help myself. They need to make some sort of pharmaceutical to treat me with. I have the whole front suspension disassembled for new powder coating and to install a new sway bar with some custom link attachments. Plus I'm pulling the headers for ceramic coating and then I'm putting in a cut-out exhaust system. Also going to install a Duff Torque Tamer on my 9". I will probably put it back together and take it apart at least twice over before September. Hoping to make it out there for the show but lots of moving parts to consider (no pun intended).
LittleBeefy aka Chad

urban assault vehicle

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hope you make it, Chad!  I really do.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

351FUN
In reply to this post by Littlebeefy
What's the diameter on those wheels?
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
They are 17x8.5 et 34. Tires are 37x12.5. The wheels were a $2k add-on option for the Bronco Raptor. They are pretty heavy because they are forged. That’s why the Bronco Raptor has the heavy duty spare tire carrier on the tailgate. Also they are bead lock capable with a Ford ring kit.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

urban assault vehicle

Reply | Threaded
|

351FUN
Weird that forging makes them heavier, usually it's the opposite.  The wheels on my q60 are forged and its astonishing how light they are.  Gonna run the 37's too?  I know you can't clear those stock on the 150's like you can on the 250.
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
You're right. I had to look it up because it seems counterintuitive, but forged aluminum is lighter than the same displacement of cast aluminum. I don't know why these wheels are so heavy. They are at least 10lbs heavier than the US Mags Indys that I am replacing.

My frame is sitting about 6" higher than stock. I have plenty of clearance for 37s. My limitation is the fenderwell exit headers on the drivers side. If I go bigger than 37 my left turn radius is about 90 feet hahaha.

These are the wheels and tires I'm replacing (37s on 17s):

LittleBeefy aka Chad

urban assault vehicle

Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Got my new shoes on the back today!

Big shout out to Lenny. BORA adapters are worth the money!

Fronts will go on as soon as I get all my suspension parts back from powder coating.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

urban assault vehicle

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking good!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy

Finally finished the wheels!

LittleBeefy aka Chad

urban assault vehicle

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  They look great!  

So, are you headed to the show with it?  

Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
No. Too far for me. It’s not the most comfortable drive for that kind of distance. Anything over 250 miles causes permanent loss of kidney function hahaha
LittleBeefy aka Chad

urban assault vehicle

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I guess I'm glad I have an F250!  We've easily put 500 miles in a day on Big Blue, albeit with a few stops to ensure kidney functionality.