Bricknose wheel stud size?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bricknose wheel stud size?

RenoHuskerDu
Hoping y'all don't mind if I slip in a Bricky question.  So far I'm having trouble finding the correct wheel studs for a 1989 2wd 350 dually. Anybody happen to know the exact dimensions?

RockAuto has two listings but the dimensions listed for Wagner* are incomplete. Only the PTC has useful data.

PTC (not Chinese I hope) PTC on RockAuto

I tried Summit Racing but their info is not helpful unless one knows the exact dimensions sought.

*FYI, I had a chat with a Wagner guy during my search last year for decent Bullnose brake drums. He explained that the Wagner brand has been split into at least two independent companies, and one is of lower quality (Chyna) than the Wagner brand of yore. I wish I remember which now. Be forwarned.
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bricknose wheel stud size?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That is not an easy question to answer as I'd have to know the #'s off your axles and then look them up in the Parts List for each axle.  That would give a part number, not a size, and then I'd come to this chart to determine the size.

Maybe the chart itself will help?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by RenoHuskerDu
Should be the same as the 1990 F250 I parted out. they were 9/16"-18 same as my dually, but had cone seat nuts with a 1 1/6" hex. Ford also used some smaller hex nuts at least on the 2003 E250 my friend has, they have a smaller hex and tend to bind for some reason. Dually has "floating washer" nuts so they have a flat contact with the rims.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
This is not easy, is it.  Well, I better drive one out and take it to NAPA.
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, that would ensure you get the right stud.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI