63 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BillyRay's 1981 F100 Restification

rcarlisle
Or a kid with his first spray can?

Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

BillyRay59
In reply to this post by 81f100custom
81f100custom wrote
I know previous owners do strange things but could not help but wonder why all the white paint in different areas and kind of looks like for no rhyme or reason other than messing things up. Did they give any explanation or reason or maybe just thought it was the cool thing to do.
The sister of the original owner (her brother) said that he was single all his life and lived with his mother.  His mother bought him the truck brand new.  I asked her what he used the truck for and she said he would take scrap to the yard and go buy cigarettes.  When I bought it, he was no longer able to drive and the truck was parked a couple of years ago.  I asked why all of the white paint and she said she didn't know. He is probably 60 years old right now by my estimation, I was not able to meet him.  But she did say that he was "disabled".  

I've been rubbing the white paint off (painfully) and it is mint, original paint underneath.
1981 F100 300/3-on-tree
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
My father suffered from dementia or somesuch, and did bizarre things.  So I could see someone painting with white paint thinking he was doing something special.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI