Been quiet for a while - personal issues

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Been quiet for a while - personal issues

66gtk
I've always loved this site and people on it.  I have been occasionally lurking here, but mostly inactive.  I'm taken back with current asking prices for both our trucks and the basic parts within.  I'm going through a divorce and one piece of contention (there are many) is my beloved F150.  I'm about to simply give it to her so that I can be done being held hostage to her warfare over it.  She has even attempted to sell it on various places online behind my back.

I'm wondering what to do with it, and I know this is a personal decision I have to figure out.  I'm all over the place back and forth, but I hate feeling like I'm being taken advantage of over and over.  If anybody out here is a serious and thoughtful individual who carefully follows the values of these things, I'd be interested in your evaluation of my truck's true market value (not pie in the sky, or desperation sale). Additionally, if you are interested/able to buy it from me what would you offer?  I may sell it if I end up with it somehow depending on the value.

Here it is. Thank you for your thoughtful comments.  As you can expect, this is very hard for me to consider having to sell my truck I don't want to let go of since I know a replacement will be hard to get in the future and I'll have to pay more in the end to do it all over.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/entrant-27-troy66gtks-1983-f150-xl-swb-4x2.html

'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Been quiet for a while - personal issues

ratdude747
Petr Haggerty's tool (what they presumably use for classic show car insurance quotes), you're in the 10K ballpark (Better than the usual daily driver, but not 100% stock). Maybe more. Certainly a pretty truck (makes my bullnose look like junkyard fodder!).

Best wishes on the situation.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by 66gtk
I'm so sorry to hear this and I feel for you. Regardless of the truck, the whole situation stinks, I'm sure. In regards to your truck it is one of the finest on here and I've always admired it. I'm in agreement with ratdude on it's value. Whatever happens, wishing you the best.  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Andrew1983F100
so my brother in law went through a divorce and ended up giving up a lot just to get out and get it over with. His dad wanted him to fight her for what was responsibly his but the marriage was so bad what he lost did not matter, he has moved on.

so the answer is it depends, is this an amicable divorce or not, if not let it go and move on.

And are you happy to be getting divorced ? folks would say to my brother in law so sad for you and he would reply he couldn't be happier
1983 F100 302 2WD Base Model Short Bed
Wimbledon White
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
I hate to bring it up, but do you have a lawyer involved?  My ex and I ended up having to have them do the negotiations and yes I lost in the big picture.  Her house is still in my name - she has to stays current on pmts but it affects my credit with that mortgage in my name, even with a quit claim.   I came away with most everything I wanted to keep.   Sold motorcycle before it got real bad so she didn't get any of that.   I ended up with my daily driver car (that her mother bought for us).  

But the lawyers really had to help us both work it out.  Sucks that it was like that.   But that truck has value and needs to be split equitably.  One of you has to pay the other or compromise in other places to make it all "equal".  Divorce makes the most reasonable folks turn petulant.

I wish you the best of luck in your situation.  It is not pleasant at all for most folks.  

Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by Andrew1983F100
Sorry to hear about you issue.

If you sell it how much of the pie dose she get? Is it half?
What if she gets it and sells it how much do you get? or would that be after you 2 split?
If you both come to a price and she gets half could you give her the money, buy her out type deal?

Do you have a good family member of friend you could sell them the truck and after the air clears buy it back?

With all this you dont want the price to high if you have to give her money but if you must sell it then you want as much as you can get till she gets part of it also.
It sucks either way.

I was lucky as mine left me with the cars & trucks, 1 4x4 I bought for her to use in winter.
Good luck hope it turns out good for you.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
You have my sympathy, brother. I have been through that garbage and it stinks. I got ripped pretty good even with a lawyer. Divorce took 3 years due to problems selling the house. Ironically, after dealing with me very poorly, some time after the divorce was over she regretted it and wanted to get back together.  I am not real bright but I am not that stupid.
Best of luck.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

farmboy60
Feels like a start to country western song,ben there done that i feel for you hope you can keep the truck
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
I think Troy's truck might be worth a little more than $10k.

This one just sold on BaT for $13k...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ford-f-150-15/

Also, you can go on the Mecum Auction webpage and view all previous Bullnoses sold to get an idea of values. I'd guess at $10k for sure, possibly more (up to $15k?)

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
I was really struck by how absolutely nice the truck in question is.  I even showed it to wife to show how nice these can really look.  

I also agree this is more than a 10K truck.   I have no idea the value, but this would be worth having appraised properly for negotiating a settlement.  
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

66gtk
UPDATE

Divorce finally over and I still have the truck.  I guess you could say among other things this truck is really expensive now - LOL  

The good news is I've enjoyed the truck all season and I haven't had to put a wrench on it even once.  It's been treating me very well.  Here she is last weekend at a cruise in.

'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Glad to hear you still have the truck. It is a beautiful truck and one of my favorites on here.
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sorry you had to go through that, but glad that you got to keep the truck.  It is certainly a good looking truck.  

By the way, that 2CV sure is cute.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
I have nothing to say other than this is a great update!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Glad everything worked out. I hope I never have to go through something like that.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
Yep, glad to hear it worked out.  
Randy

Reply | Threaded
|

Dan Crowley
Hey 66gtk, I am really happy to see that you were able to keep your great looking truck.  I hope you never have to sell it because trucks like that one don't come around very often.
Dan Crowley