Base mirror glass

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Base mirror glass

Giraffe
I recently swapped a pair of the base mirrors onto my truck. Does anyone know of a place where I might be able to get a replacement glass for the passenger side mirror that is the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" type?

—John
1966 Mustang coupe; 1985 F-150 XLT Lariat; 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis; 1995 Mustang SVT Cobra
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Base mirror glass

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It used to be that the local auto parts stores carried the replacement glass, but I've not seen it in a while.  But this place says they have the stuff.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Giraffe
It doesn't look like anyone makes a direct fit replacement that has the passenger-specific mirror glass. I'll probably just have to find something universal that's close or just stick a small blind spot mirror to it.

Thanks!
—John
1966 Mustang coupe; 1985 F-150 XLT Lariat; 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis; 1995 Mustang SVT Cobra
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I needed glass for a pair of Chrysler LeBaron power mirrors. The local glass shop here was able to obtain replacements for me and install them. Right side is the convex style with the objects are closer than they appear script on it.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413