26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Auto Repair/Restoration YouTube Channels and Podcasts

Rusty_S85
rcarlisle wrote
Could be.  Something I filed away for "if I ever..."
Lots of ways of doing it prescribed by the youtube videos.  One thing to keep in mind the lift on high lift cams especially rollers come from making the base circle of the lobes smaller as you can only go so high on the lobes to create the lift.  In my case I calculate 4.600" length push rods but yet I am not sure I trust the roller tip wont roll off the edge of the valve stem.  The harden pushrod recommended by Crane who made the cam is a 6.400" and I tried a 6.40" which resulted in the roller tip being almost dead center in the valve on the base circle which means it should provide a good sweep once set to 0.050" preload.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
'63 Belair 2dr sdn - 283-4V, Powerglide transmission, 4.56:1
'78 Cougar XR7 - 351-2V, FMX transmission, 2.75:1 9inch
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

tanman
This channel isn’t focused on repair but this guys is dedicated to Ford trucks. I enjoy his videos a lot

https://youtube.com/c/FordEra
86 F150 4.9  Automatic
Reply | Threaded
|

JimJam300
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Okay folks, I'm reviving this thread. Original post has a list of media regarding auto repair and such. Enjoy!

I chose not to list Thunderhead289 due to the comments about his channel.

Gary Lewis wrote
We will find a place to list the ones you like, so please keep track.  
Gary, I went ahead and done did it. This thread was hanging out in the back of my mind for months and I just never got around to it. I started listing the channels and podcasts mentioned in this thread along with some others. Give Rembrant a shiny gold star sticker for making up dang near half the list.

Do what you deem fit with the list.
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Hi Jim
I wasn't much around the beginning of this year to see this.

I don't watch too many YouTube channels religiously but I would probably put -Watch Wes Work- up there head to head with SMA.
Imagine Eric O in corn country with the occasional vintage tractor or track loader thrown in.
He used to do a bunch more "let's see if I can get this junk running" ala Diesel Creek but it's mostly just what shows up at his door.

I watch -Myvintageiron7512- for engine builds/machine work

And like -Lakeside Autobody- for basic sheet metal & paint.
Though Jerry's been leaning a little heavy on short reviews of late.
I understand the need for $ and at least he doesn't pretend that it's anything else

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'll see what I can come up with for a place to capture all of these recommendations.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, I created a thread for it at: Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum › Resources & How-To's > Auto Repair/Restoration YouTube Channels and Podcasts.  And I locked it so I'm the only one that can edit it.  So if you want updates just let me know.

Does that work?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI