Another new member.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Another new member.

50fps
Thanks for allowing me to register. I am the proud owner of an 84 F250 that needs some TLC. I bought it as a project last year and with the knowledge present on this site, hope to finish it eventually.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Another new member.

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 50fps
Yes, welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Like the truck.  Very much like Big Blue was a few years ago.  But what are your plans for it?  And, tell us about that winch?

Also, where's home?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you if we had a city/state or a zip.

But, I hate to tell you - this place is not the place to be if you plan to truly "finish".  There are waaaaaay too many ideas on here that will cause you to be tempted to change or extend your plans.  I'm not sure there is a finished truck around here.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

50fps
Sorry for taking so long to reply, here is a little history on the truck. It was originally with the Hudson, Wi fire dept and ended up in their parks dept. It had a pump setup in the bed for brush fires and watering the plants. The winch is a Superwinch Ox which I have since sold. So far I have pulled the engine (460) and replaced the rear main seal, pan gasket and valve cover gaskets. Pulled the air pump and cleaned up the vacuum lines.  I wish i had done a little more research while it was out and switched to a straight up timing set, but that will come soon. I threw a set of Toyo M-55 tires on it seeing as it had highway treads on it. Overall it runs decent, needs a little floor board and rocker work. My main objective is to just have a dependable hunting and towing setup.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don’t know anything about the Superwinch, but it looks massive. Did you sell the bumper as well?  

Sounds like you have a plan. Cool!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by 50fps
When you removed the air pump and had the engine out, which technique did you use to close off the thermactor ports in the back of the heads?

Changing that 4* retarded timing set for a straight up double roller like the EFI trucks have really wakes these engines up.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

50fps
I intended to throw some welch plugs into the holes, but in a rush to get it out of the garage all I did was leave the cross over piping and put a NPT cap on it where the valve mounted.
Reply | Threaded
|

50fps
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, I kept the bumper. I have no idea who the manufacturer of it is, but it is a three piece design with the winch plate/mount tying the two sides together.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think you'll find the winch bumpers are in short supply, so you'll be able to sell it if you want to do so.