Arizona
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another fun video, 460 this time

Vic Roma
In reply to this post by Danny G
Robert Redford is so versatile.
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by grumpin
I liked it as well.  It put out about what my 460 is supposed to put out, which is a lot of power.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danny G
Its cute, but you can tell these guys are just pushing sponsor products.

They show an external balance truck engine, say the E is for engineering, rather than an engine component, say the actual AB engineering suffix is "the second revision" and "show" it came with points!  
These were DSII since way before '79, but it gives them an opportunity to "upgrade" to Pertronix.

They talk about how rare and critical the pork chop counterweight is, but they don't even give it a glance or think to sleeve or prelube it....

The kid drops the damn head right on the floor.
Duh!!!  Did you think it was light?

How about no sealant on the manifold water ports when you have the tube of RTV in your hand right before you drop the intake on?

I know you can only do so much in 20 minutes, but knock off the BS you know nothing about and do more like explain the cam grind and how it's working with that intake that won't fit under your hood.

This video made me cranky.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I noticed those things as well, Jim.  The heads are HEAVY and everyone knows it.  Can you imagine what his foot would have looked like if the corner of the head had hit it?  But you could see that coming when he pried it off from the water port.  And that's about the time I started fast forwarding to find the dyno run.

As for the points, I'd fast forwarded over them and when they put the Pertronix in I had to go back and find out why when I saw them dropping the module in during my fast forwarding.  But I missed the connection, or disconnection, of points in 1979.  

Then they "decoded" the #, but didn't bother to say that the base # was missing.  And AB is the second revision?  What happened to B, and C, and D, and ......  Looks like maybe the 27th revision to me.

So, now that you point those things out I see we were fed a bunch of advertising.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
99% of these shows are infomercials.
But if you want me to sit through your ad at least get the basic facts straight.

Because I watched this, the rest of their 'junkyard 460' series was in my recommended.
I watched the next 3-4 iterations, where they still didn't address the basics and just kept throwing heads and cams at it.

Maybe they ended up with a good Engine for a couple of Dyno pulls or full throttle runs down the track, but numbers are meaningless if you can't use it.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.