And so the DarkSaga begins...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

And so the DarkSaga begins...

DarkSaga
This dark saga begins in the Hudson Valley with a cold winter approaching...

...the valiant Ford F-150 plow truck has fought possibly it's final battle and has been hauled away to the local truck repair shop where it remains on life support... unresponsive to any treatment!

...only YOU, the members of the BULLNOSE FORUM can provide the specialized knowledge and insight that will breath life back into this 4 wheeled warrior!!!  

***Hello! My name is Jim and I am from New Hampton, NY.  I have come to this forum in search of help and information.

I own a 1985 Ford F-150 Lariat XLT automatic 6 cylinder 4x4 plow truck with a Carter YFA single barrel carburetor.  This truck has been having problems idling and running over the past year and a half. I took it to a respected local shop that works on trucks and they have been unable to figure out the problem and have basically given up on it. I really would like to have someone who is an expert with these Bullnose Fords help point me in the right direction. I can post pictures and explain in a thread in more detail exactly what has been done to the truck and the symptoms it is having. It would be great to get some repair suggestions from those of you who have had similar problems in the past with your Fords.

There are 2 members on the Bullnose Forum Map that are very close to my location. I know this is asking a lot, but maybe one (or both) of them might be willing to come look at the truck in person and help diagnose the problems and possibly come up with a repair solution. Anyway, I greatly appreciate any comments and assistance from the forum that might point me in the right direction and help me get my Ford F-150 plow truck running again. Thanks in advance!
1985 Ford F-150 Lariat XLT |Straight 6 cylinder| 4.9L 300cid | Automatic | 4x4 | Standard cab | Long bed | 1 barrel Carter YFA carb
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: And so the DarkSaga begins...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hello, Jim!  Glad you joined.  

So, where are you?  Let's get you on the map.  All we need is a city or Zip.  Then maybe we'll know who those two members are.

And, you are right.  You need to start a new thread in the main section and tell us all about your truck.  We do have a number of people who have expert knowledge on these systems, so can surely help you solve the problem(s).
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

DarkSaga
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hi Gary!
Glad to be here.

I'm from New Hampton NY 10958.
The 2 members in my general locale are: 'Mikski8604' and 'Nick/nlongo33'

I've just joined and haven't had a chance to say hello to them or contact them, but maybe they'll have an interest in bringing my F-150 back to life.

Hopefully the truck can be saved because it's a solid truck with good bones.
1985 Ford F-150 Lariat XLT |Straight 6 cylinder| 4.9L 300cid | Automatic | 4x4 | Standard cab | Long bed | 1 barrel Carter YFA carb
Reply | Threaded
|

DarkSaga
In reply to this post by grumpin
Hello grumpin
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by DarkSaga
Jim - You are now on the map.

As for Mikski8604 and Nick/nlongo33, the former hasn't been seen in a while, but Nick check in every once in a while.  You can contact them by clicking on their pin and then clicking on the email link in the popup.  BUT, there's a problem with the email system at the moment, so sometimes it looks like it didn't work.  The way to find out if it did is to tick the box to also send the email to yourself.

But, there's a good chance that we can help you sort it out, even w/o being there.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
im very curious as to what problems you are having . you mentioned the yfa carb for some reason. haha. first does it run at all? lets get back to the basics.
Reply | Threaded
|

DarkSaga
Hello mat_in_tn,

My F150 plow truck was purchased about 10 years ago from a nice older gentleman and it ran well enough for my plowing needs for several years.  Within the last 1-2 years I've had trouble keeping it running consistently... I added a lot of new parts and still couldn't solve the starting/idling/running issues and took it to a local truck mechanic. They've had the truck a long time but have unable to fix it, so I plan to get it back from them this week.

Let me start a thread with all the details in the main forum so you and the other members can give me some solid advice and pointers and help me get the truck running again.

Thanks for your comments!
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
great. i will watch for it
Reply | Threaded
|

nlongo33
In reply to this post by DarkSaga
reached out to him, hoping to connect and get the ole girl sorted out
From high to low, from fast to slow

1981 F-100
1987 k5 blazer
1987 3+3 Crew Cab
1968 Galaxy Wagon
1967 Mustang
1925 Model T Sedan
2007 Dodge Megacab  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Nick.  

Reply | Threaded
|

DarkSaga
In reply to this post by nlongo33
Yeah thanks Nick! I really appreciate you wanting to help me get the truck problems figured out. Hopefully we'll meet up soon. Thanks again!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by nlongo33
nlongo33 wrote
reached out to him, hoping to connect and get the ole girl sorted out
Good to hear!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD