And Now for Something Completely Different.......

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

And Now for Something Completely Different.......

Flareside Jeff
Names................
1- 1981 F100 Flareside,
1- 1982 F150 Flareside
1- 1985 M150 Flareside 4X4
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: And Now for Something Completely Different.......

FuzzFace2
I see yours is Jeff mine is Dave
Dave  ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And mine is Gary. Gary Lewis.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Mine is David.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pete Whitstone
I read this completely differently, I thought he was talking about the names we give our trucks...
81 F150 Flareside, Edelbrock Pro Flow4 FI, hydraulic roller 351W, E4OD, 4x4, BW1356
92 F150 RCLB 351W E40D BW1356 mostly stock
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
all of my trucks get names. some immediately. some when the name finds me. I have bubba, dolly, bronco and lefty at this time. two others unnamed so we refer to them by their colors.
Reply | Threaded
|

Flareside Jeff
In reply to this post by Flareside Jeff
Yes, Sorry Guys, I meant a name for my new Baby!
But I think I'm gonna wait till I meet Her!!!!!!
1- 1981 F100 Flareside,
1- 1982 F150 Flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Pete Whitstone wrote
I read this completely differently, I thought he was talking about the names we give our trucks...
I knew that but he did not say so thought I would have some fun

Flareside Jeff wrote
Yes, Sorry Guys, I meant a name for my new Baby!
But I think I'm gonna wait till I meet Her!!!!!!
"we" can not really give it a name not seeing it or hear more about it but the names come from the owners once they get to know it better.

BTW nothing of mine has a name so it's pick up truck, Durango, Subaru, street Javeling or race car a Javelin also. Oh got a Gremlin that is called Gremlin LOL

Some times I do give them a name when giving me a hard time but I cant say it on here
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Mine is Larry.

But my trucks don't have names... nothing ever came to mind/stuck.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Flareside Jeff
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
I Hear Ya!!!
1- 1981 F100 Flareside,
1- 1982 F150 Flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

taskswap
I'm a Chad, but not a Pregnant Chad or Dangling Chad just so we're clear!

When I was younger we never named our cars, they usually just had different colors so we'd say "let's take the red car." For decades that was enough but I guess I've gotten sentimental (or too clever for my own good) in my dotage. So now I have:

Rocky - The kind and curious but also accident-prone (and very squirrely!) '81 F-250

Bullwinkle - Rocky's lovable and somewhat slow "moose" of a (camper) friend

Mr. Peabody - Everything you'd expect a 2021 RAM 2500 Mega Cab to be - expensive education and taste, well groomed, and a bit too high-brow for the kinds of adventures Rocky and Bullwinkle get into...

It's the perfect cast of characters.
--
1981 F-250 Custom. 6.6L V8, 4 barrel Holley carb, ARA aftermarket A/C.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
LOL!  Ok, I'll play.

My name is obvious, but as I've been on a whole lot of forums, like lathe/Mercedes/Full Sized Bronco/MOPAR/etc, I decided to use my real name for my handle so I didn't have to remember anything.

As for truck names, my first Bullnose was an Explorer so it was the Explorer.  I bought an '83 pile of junk out of a yard that was brown, so he was Brownie - and many parts are labeled that.  Then I bought the '82 that had lots of surface rust so he was Rusty, although he had a lot of "stuff" all over his frame and running gear so maybe should have been Crusty.  Bought a '90 half-truck, meaning from the back of the cab forward so he became Huck.  Oh, and I forgot Dad's truck, but that should be obvious.

Then came the first "Big Blue", which is the 2015 F150.  But when we got the '85 F250 home it was both blue and bigger than the 2015 F150, so it became Big Blue and the 2015 got demoted to Blue.  Which was prophetic as with the D60 and SD springs he's now 2" higher than he was.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
My name (the printable versions) William Alan, family calls me Alan, as dad was William Fowler and was called Bill, friends mostly know me as Bill. Screen name was arrived at when I needed one for eBay and was bidding on a Garret turbocharger for a 1989 2.2L Chrysler, it stands for the car 1985 LeBaron, and the turbo II engine. Avatar is the VA license plate for it, means Turbo 2 K Car as the 1982-86 LeBaron convertibles are K-cars.

First two trucks I had weren't named, first was a 1958 F100, originally a 223 6cyl, but after my neighbor found that the 1957 Ranchero he had acquired had terminal frame rot, he offered me the 312 and 3 speed OD Borg-Warner transmission in return for getting his 1965 F100 straightened out.

Second was a 1977 F150, originally a 300 6cyl and C4, I had a pickup camper I had been given that needed an 8' bed, 58 was a 6' styleside. I had looked into extending the frame and finding an 8' bed, but the 77 was reasonably priced. 300 hauled the camper, but wasn't happy and I didn't trust the C4. Fellow at work needed some work on his 1978 F100, a heater core replaced on an AC model and offered me some 390s in pieces, one of which was a Camper Special engine. That and a C6 went into the 77 along with an AC system.

Third truck is the 1986 F350, named Darth Vader by my son and a group of his friends. As purchased, between the grille guard and Lund visor, he looks like Darth Vader.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Hi,
Wanna have fun, US friends?  Just exercise to pronounce my name:
Jean-François Parent.

So, you'll provably prefer my nickname Jeff (comes from J-F).

My ID is the name of my old restored friend, explained in my signature.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
I'm Randy and the truck is Walter.  No real reason for Walter other than truck is old enough to be a Walter.   The doors say OPA'S GARAGE.   My grandson calls me Opa because it is different (I took German in college and Opa was better than GroBVater. pronounced GrossFahter [grandfather]).

Opa isn't to be confused with Opie - I live in Mt Airy NC, which has a Mayberry connection and lots of folks think it's Opie.  But I run into people at cruise ins that know me because of the truck.  
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

farmboy60
name is bruce and my truck, a piece a ###### lol the orange crate