classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Aftermarket Wire Harness

Jose Manuel
Hi
I am looking for a wire harness for my Bronco 84 project.
The current wiring harness is completely messy and full of patches.
The engine will have a simplified harness, so it shouldn't interfere with the rest of the Bronco's harness.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

José Manuel
José Manuel Aleuanlli

Bronco 1984 XLT (.... in progress)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Aftermarket Wire Harness

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting finds, David.  Replacement harnesses are really scarce, or at least have been.  Perhaps that is changing?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dan Crowley
In reply to this post by Jose Manuel
Hi Hos'e Manuel,  Check out what WWW.RonFrancis.com has to offer. They have several items to chose from and their free catalog has a lot of tips and information.  I am looking at their Access 24/7 unit for my 84 F-250HD diesel 4x4 truck.  It cost $570.00 for my truck and it's made in USA.  I hope this helps and good luck with your wiring job.

Dan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    -
Dan Crowley
Reply | Threaded
|

Jose Manuel
Very good pages.
I'll let you know witch one I'm going to select.

Thanks
José Manuel Aleuanlli

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
One thing I found in helping a friend with his 1955 Dodge truck project. Many of the "universal" wiring kits are essentially GM wiring, color codes etc. Good part is Chevrolet, like Ford sticks with circuit numbers and generally colors. If you can find wiring diagrams for a similar Chevrolet you can cross the colors over for lights, wipers etc. Where you hit problems is connecting the Ford parts to the harness as any plugs are GM style.

He used a Painless wiring kit and steering column so had essentially Chevrolet connectors. They do make a very comprehensive kit, but it is more for the custom or street rod market.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Jose Manuel

Hi
Finally I bought a Ron Francis Access 24/7 wire harness.
Basically I've choose that one based on the steering column and perifherics conectors options offered.
I have not still received it, but when it arrives I'm going to put some real photos.
José Manuel Aleuanlli

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We will be interested to see what you get and how well it works.  Please keep us posted.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Jose Manuel
Hi guys
I have received the harness
This is the first time I have bought this type of spare part.

My first appreciation is:
- It looks very well done.
- Good quality wires
- All column connectors, starter motor, alternator are what I've ask for them.
- All cables are labeled
- Good Packaging (it's has travel from USA to Chile)

Unfortunately I can't install it because I have to finish other parts of the vehicle first.

José Manuel Aleuanlli

Reply | Threaded
|

Dan Crowley
Hi Jose, I am glad that you like the harness, let use know how much of a job it is to install when you get around to it.
Dan Crowley
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Harness looks good!  As Dan asked, please let us know how easy it is to install.