classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Accessory location thread.

CliftonK
This post was updated on .
I'm not sure if we have anything on here detailing the mounting holes for things like hood letters and fender badges, but I think we should have a master list we can contribute to as we come across them.  I have a fender without badges that I can measure for the factory mounting holes.  Will do that next chance I get.

I'm currently in need of a measurement myself, two actually.

Is there anyone with a set on of cab handles on their truck who could measure the location so I can add some to my truck?  I found a pitiful '80 model with a kia sitting on the bed that had a full outfit of shiny aluminum accessories.  Still need to go back and get the front bumper with push bar.  I made off with the cab handles and tread plate, also found a gun rack behind the seat.

I also pulled a cab light from a similar donor, as well as a third brake light from a newer truck.  Haven't decided which I am going to add to Tessa.
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Accessory location thread.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Clifton - I agree we need the measurements, but I'm not sure which ones you are asking for.  You said "I'm currently in need of a measurement myself, two actually."  And then "Is there anyone with a set on their truck who could measure the location so I can add some to my truck?"  Is that the hood letters?

If so, see if this post helps.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
I sure did mess that up and add confusion.  I've got cab handles that mount on the b pillar and I have a cargo light to add.  Those are the two items I need measurements for.
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Clifton - I can get the cargo light dimensions if someone else doesn't first.  I say that because mine is caulked in rather tightly and I'd rather not remove it.

But I can't help you with the grab handles as I don't know where they should go.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
There's no need to pull it apart. I assume it's centered on the back of the cab. All I would need is a vertical reference. If you could measure from the bottom of the light to the top or bottom edge of the back glass, then from that point on the glass to the floor of the cab on the inside.  Or, can't remember right off. If there is a horizontal line on the back of the cab a measurement from it to the bottom of the light would do the trick.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I can take some pics and measurements tomorrow.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Clifton - Does this help?  Any other views or measurements?

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
That's good enough for me.  Looks like it's not quite centered between the seal and the top of the cab, is that how it looks in person as well?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I was going to agree with you, but took a closer look and the top of the cargo light is intended to blend with the top of the cab.  See if this helps:

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
That angle makes it look like it's lined up right at the bottom of the curve.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, that's just about right.