Aaaand here we go

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Aaaand here we go

dacnc
I joined a while ago, just haven't gotten around to doing the requested intro - so here goes:
I'm located down in the SW corner of Utah.
My dad was a Ford fan so I grew working on fords and with the pandemic I was looking around for a project for I and my son - what I got was an '86 F150 XLT Lariat (302v8, 4wd) which some one had as a project truck and then gave up (they may have had good reason - the AOD tranny was going, which explains the cheap purchase price!  )  I tracked down a rebuilt tranny and then my son and I spent the next 6 months doing the research and getting it installed.

There's still work to do, but at least it runs now without having to rev high to get it to slam into gear.

I found this site through a google search and reviewing the various forums has been really helpful.

Here's the project!

Doug Criger
Utah, 84770
'86 F150 XLT Lariat (302v8, 4wd)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Aaaand here we go

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome to the forum Doug!  

We really like family bonding projects.
Glad to hear you've learned how to properly adjust that AOD, because it's important to longevity.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

dacnc
oh make no bones about it - I'm still learning on the AOD.  Turns out the kickdown cable was broken, so I've had to find one of those.  But I completely agree - correct adjustment is key to longevity!  No way do I want to have to do a replacement in a year due to mal-adjustment!
Doug Criger
Utah, 84770
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by dacnc
Welcome aboard!
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

That is a great family project.  I'm sure you will look back on it fondly.

Would you like to be on our map?  (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.)
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

dacnc
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
sure - no problem.
Doug Criger
Utah, 84770
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  And you live in a beautiful part of the country.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

dacnc
I must admit - it is quite nice!
Doug Criger
Utah, 84770
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Absolutely.  My wife and I've been to both rims of the Canyon, hiked it as well as ridden the mules down, and have even seen an inversion in it.  And we've been on Powell several times.  Plus we driven all over the area.  And, we've floated the Green River.  Last, I've read every one of Zane Grey's books, many of which are about that area.  Love the area!

Reply | Threaded
|

Blue_Oval_Bulls
From one new member to another: Welcome!
Blue_Oval_Bulls @ IG
JohnG @ YouTube