classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ALERT: Our Forum Is Going To Move

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Unfortunately we've not solved the log-in problem on the AWS servers so Nabble is going to move us onto the consolidated servers.  I don't yet have an idea when that will be, but I've asked them to give us a heads-up and when I have one I'll come back here to let you know.

When it happens the forum will be down until I make a DNS change and it replicates.  So if one of you that has my cell # or email address happens to find the forum down please let me know ASAP.

In order to get ready I've taken the "redirect" off the forum as otherwise I might be unable to get in.  In other words, as of now you can go to garysgaragemahal.com or http://bullnose-enthusiasts-forum.12971.n8.nabble.com to get to the forum.  The difference is that in the former you have the menus to the rest of the site, and in the latter you don't.  (The former is "embedded" on the site.)  But when I get things changed I'll put the redirect back on.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ALERT: Our Forum Is Going To Move

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thanks for the heads up Gary.  

I'll be sure to let you know if I notice the forum is down.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I was just told "It's going to be in the next few days but we don't have a specific date."  Now you know as much as I know.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I know I have your email and your cell.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, you do.  So alert me, please.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, I don’t see a menu to the rest of the website using either path, and the header with the new logo has disappeared. Also the “refresh” link is gone. I’m sure it will all be sorted out, I’m just reporting my user experience. If I find the forum down I will alert you.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jonathan - That's because I took the redirect out and you are going directly into the Nabble server.  But you can go in via the embedded approach, meaning be on the website, by going here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/.  Or start typing "garysgaragemahal" into your browser search line.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It looks like today is our day to be moved.  Don't know how long we'll be down, but I'm sure we will be.  

Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
Are we there yet?
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, not yet.  They said "In the next few days" so I'm not sure when that might be.

The process is that they alert me and then I change the CNAME entry in our DNS listing to move.nabble.com, and both of those steps have happened - and we are still working.  Then they move us and let me know via email and I change the DNS entry to N1.Nabble.com.  I'm guessing that during the time between the move and the change we might be down, but I don't know.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The forum has now been moved to the other Nabble server.  (No, not the AWS servers, yet.)  I'm going to be doing some checking to ensure we haven't lost anything.

And, I've turned the redirect back on so the emails should bring you back to the embedded forum.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, what I've found is that while it looks like we did get all of the posts, some of the email notifications of posts take you to the wrong place.

I'm not sure how to explain this clearly as it isn't very clear to me.  But it looks like any email notification prior to the move, which happened just prior to 4:45 AM this morning, will take you to the wrong place.  The posts are still there, but you aren't in the place where they are.

So go here (http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/) and drill down on the thread in question and you should find the post.

For example, SCFlareside posted this and I was given this link to access it:

So, Gary in your spec when it says it has four leafs... does that count the flat one on the bottom?  Mine has four plus that flat one.

Maybe they are original?  They are awfully firm..  if so, maybe someone added the blocks but I thought they had 2 inch blocks like this from the factory. The rear sits 5 inches higher than the front at the wheel arches though, there is a ton of forward rake.

But when you follow that link you are taken to the old instance of the forum and that post does not exist.  However, if you go to the new instance of the forum and go to his thread the post is there.

I know, it is   But I think we are intact, just confused.