http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AC Heater HVAC Climate Control Panel Assembly

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by taskswap
Yes, this is still a good thread.  And the panel looks wonderful!  Well done!  Plus, even I can follow the directions.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I don't know how I missed this thread. Great job! I guess for me, I would have preferred the OEM style look to keep with originality. I have Corel Draw and I may consider drawing up the face plate for the OEM look. Thanks so much for providing the info and sharing. Outstanding!

I wonder if we might make a "How-To" out of this??? Scott, Gary.....thoughts?
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Nice!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Machspeed wrote
I don't know how I missed this thread. Great job! I guess for me, I would have preferred the OEM style look to keep with originality. I have Corel Draw and I may consider drawing up the face plate for the OEM look. Thanks so much for providing the info and sharing. Outstanding!

I'm not sure what would be needed beyond this post.  But maybe we should ask taskswap?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

taskswap
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Machspeed wrote

Happy to share any other details as needed. This component was a bit of a labor of love so if there's anything you want written up or shared re: files LMK.

On the design, Machspeed, I can't reproduce the "OEM style" because mine was aftermarket to begin with so I don't have a source component to measure. If you want to give it a go, can CorelDraw import PDF files? I have it in a Figma right now which they have a free plan for, but I know what it's like to want to use a tool you have experience with. FYI Figma can also export an SVG but my experience has been that's less accurate than PDF because not all apps seem to process SVG's quite the same way.

Gary/Scott if we were going to do something here I think it would be cool if we maybe had a page for this component with the files available for download and some instructions on how to get them produced? Then if I, Machspeed, or other users come up with new designs (I think there were at least 3-4 designs just from the OEM climate control options) it would be an easy place to archive them.
--
1981 F-250 Custom. 6.6L V8, 4 barrel Holley carb, ARA aftermarket A/C.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
That looks incredible! Nice work

If you'd want to put together a How-To for this, that would be great and you could attach any needed files to that post. Since this requires knowledge of external software, up to you on how deep you want to get into that.
We are in discussion for cleaning up the Resources folder to better house How-To threads but if you want to make a post in this thread containing the How-To, I believe (Gary correct me if wrong) we can move just that post into a new Resources thread.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, we can move an individual post as a new thread.  Have to make sure the Subject isn't Re: .... and it may take other posts with it, but they can be moved back.

Or, clone the post as the new how-to?

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I like the idea of moving it so there is only one real copy and we don't have to update both if changes are made.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
kramttocs wrote
I like the idea of moving it so there is only one real copy and we don't have to update both if changes are made.
Agree!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner