classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A Big Thanks!

Machspeed
Administrator
Hey friends, just wanted to say thank you for your thoughts and prayers throughout my surgery and recovery. Recovery is slow but I’m getting around and feeling better every day.

Some of you may or may not know but I had triple bypass surgery 10/6. Over the past year I’ve noted a gradual decline in my level of energy such that I had to really motivate myself to get off the sofa. That is not me. I’m an active guy that rides bikes (bicycles), works out and plays tennis two to three times a week. In fact, it was while playing tennis that I noted some chest pain which ultimately led me to the cardiologist. Sadly, as much as nine months back, I’d notice this same pain during exertion, but it would quickly reside. The last time I played, the pain did not go away. I’ve always prided myself on being in pretty good shape for my age and this came as a real surprise to me. This was not lifestyle so much as it was genetics. My father passed away at age 57 from the same thing. Frankly, I got lucky and am grateful that God has allowed me to continue on in this life.

That said, know your family history and don’t ignore your body’s pains. We, especially men, are real good about brushing this type of stuff off. Thanks again and God’s blessings to you all.

John  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A Big Thanks!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome back, Kotter!  Glad you are doing so well.

For the rest of y'all, I was just picking up the phone to check on John when he posted this.  So I called him and we had a good chat - about pickups, and Mustangs, and doing things w/o getting caught.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Good to hear you are doing good.

I know my family history and like yours is not good.
In my case my job is killing me and why next June I am retiring at 64.
I am looking forward to hitting the gym and loosing weight.

I also have a good woman behind me to make sure I stay the path.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
Behind every successful man there is a good woman...pushing.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Very glad you are still with us! Man I worked with had quadruple bypass probably in his late 40s. he was completely exhausted climbing the 8-10 steps to get out the gate at the shipyard. He went and bowled several games then told his wife he didn't feel good. She took him to the emergency room (a 35 min drive from where they lived) where they determined he had survived a major heart attack.

He had so many heart surgeries his breastbone never healed the last time, he had a heck of a sense of humor, my late wife got him a kids tattoo of a zipper, he put it on the next doctor's visit for laughs. Unfortunately the breastbone is what led to his demise. He was trying to fix his granddaughter's Explorer starting issue, it was the shifter adjustment and when he got under it with front up on ramps and a starter button. he pushed the button with the ignition on, it started, backed off the ramps into the closed garage doors. He had rolled on his side when it started moving and when it came off the end of the ramps, the front crushed his chest to the point he couldn't breathe.

His wife had laid down to rest, and fallen asleep, 3 hours later she woke up, heard the Explorer running and tires squealing went out and found him dead underneath it.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Good to hear! PTL!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
John!

I’m just seeing your post!
So happy to hear your doing well!

Although I didn’t know about your pain, what a surprise…

Machspeed wrote
Over the past year I’ve noted a gradual decline in my level of energy.
Man, what is it when you are in full shape!?!  You looked the youngest of us at the show, full of energy, alert and crisp.
Maybe your are a good actor?

Please take care!
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.