86 5.0 efi runs terrible

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 86 5.0 efi runs terrible

vjsimone
I remember a post a few years ago, after hours of trouble shooting a miss, bent push-rods it was, plugs were not wet.
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
In reply to this post by old55pete
wow, never knew that about the rotors.
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by vjsimone
Vinny - Are you suggesting he has bent push rods?

And, how are you?  And where are you?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Hello Gary,

Well, because of what I read in the thread I was following and throwing in my 2 cent along the way his #8 cylinder had 2 bent push rods. I don't believe they were rattling. He pulled the valve cover for some reason and found the issue. One of those scratch your head threads, because it is easy to work the electrical path, but like Rusty mentions, it can be mechanical.

New right knee in the past 3 months. Spent the first quarter of the year fishing along the east coast from Florida to Virginia until my surgery was rescheduled. Scrubbed the Newfoundland visit due to the this plague, well Canada scrubbed it...  
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by vjsimone
As you can see, I learned about it the hard way. I bought it while stationed at Ft Ord California, took it to Germany and gave it a tune up when I got back and was stationed at Ft Bragg. From that day I remember to tell the parts counter guys that It is from California.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC