84 daily/project

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

84 daily/project

Dawson81
So I’ve done a few things since I posted last a couple out of necessity I’m now running an electric fuel pump Due to my fan coming off and busting my radiator and in the process destroying my front cover and water pump I had a timing cover For a non mechanical fuel pump laying around but got a Weiand performance water pump I haven’t really noticed any difference but my it sure is pretty, also ran new parking brake cables and redid every last bit of the brake system which I’m now regretting because I just ordered braided stainless brake hoses with my lift kit I’m going with a 4 inch And some energy suspension bushings for the I beams and radius arms  I’m a little scared to take my leaf springs out because the frame is twisted inward on both sides in the back from where the previous owner ripped the trailer hitch off on one hell of a stump if anyone has ever untwisted a frame and has a few pointers for me they’d be greatly appreciated, I also ripped the antique alpine stereo out and stock speakers and went back with some Memphis audio door speakers and two 6x8’s for behind the seat and I might get a kicker hide away sub if it’ll fit under the seat and I’d love to put the dash speaker back in what has everyone else done to their rigs ?
84 f150 4x4 Swb granny low 331 roller
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 84 daily/project

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You've been busy!

I don't have any guidance about bending the frame back out.  I had to bend Big Blue's back in and that was accomplished with a whole lot of effort using a comealong, ratchet straps, chain, levers, etc.  But out is a different story.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI