classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
92 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Replaced Interment Panel

Gary Lewis
Administrator
LOL!  No, I'm not gonna tell you.  Yet.  Not 'til I scan it in tomorrow.  

It is out in the shop and I'm keeping warm in the house.  But, after my annual doctor's checkup tomorrow, and taking a thumb drive to the lady doing the scanning on the Body Builder's book, I hope to get out to the shop and scan that one in.  Then maybe get it posted on the same page as it's mate w/the "S".

By the way, do you know if the "S" means "supplement"?  It seems to be, but I've not seen a definition.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
I guess it means "Something"!   
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, I'm sure it does.  But, what Something it means, I'm not sure.  

Passed the annual physical, although got docked for weighing more than last year, so have to get more active in the shop.  Stopping to eat (that sounds counter-productive) and will be home mid-afternoon and will check that TSB.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I really thought I'd posted this.    But, I guess not.

I got the other TSB scanned and created a page for it: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/82-25-16s-upshift-indicator-light.html.

Notice that we now have more confirmation that there was a "Pony".  However, as I said here (Bullnose FAQ's) on the 1982-83 F100 Pony tab, it appears that Pony was a term Ford employees used for the Fuel Saver/Fuel Economy Leader package.  The customer-facing documentation doesn't appear to use that term, just the internal Ford documentation.

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Gary Lewis wrote
...created a page for it:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't expect several scroll bars on 1 page; it took me a while to realize (accidentally find) the chart in the first TSB.  If that frame did NOT fit the first sheet of the TSB, it would be obvious that you have to scroll to see the chart.  But since it is, I scrolled your page & only saw the 2 TSBs for a while.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, I think I see what you mean.  So check it out now.  I made the first TSB's frame 1/2 as high.  Should I also do that to the second one?

Or, should I make the second TSB, the -S one, part of the first file?  Meaning a 3rd page?

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
As we've established, I know nothing about how your pages are built.  But I'd imagine all 3 TSB pages (since they're effectively 1 document) showing on your 1 web page with a single (main, common, normal) scroll bar at the far R edge.  No frames - like this page.  That seems the simplest to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, got it.  Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, Steve, the two TSB's have been merged into one document.  Please see what you think.

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
But they're still in a frame that they don't fit.  So when I scroll down the page, I only see the first sheet of the TSBs.  Then I have to point inside the frame & scroll again.  But if the bottom of your frame is off my screen (which will vary for everyone, depending on their monitor settings & screen size), I still can't see the whole TSB sheet without scrolling back & forth, in both the frame & the web page.  It would be better to just have the whole TSB (however many sheets it has) visible on the web page so there's only 1 scroll bar needed: the web page scroll bar.  IDK if that's possible the way you're set up here, but it just seems the "normal" way to display anything (especially a text document, or the image of text) on a web page.

I'm not saying you HAVE to change anything - just giving you my perspective.  It works the way it is right now - the information IS available, which is already an improvement for everyone over it NOT being available.  So thanks, either way.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dawn.  Marblehead!  I think I finally understood what you are saying.  So see if it is now what you are looking for: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/82-25-16s-upshift-indicator-light.html

FYI, when I tell Microsoft or Google to give me the embed code for a document, which I then put on the web page, the code includes width and height numbers - in pixels.  I've learned that I can tell them to make the width = 100% and that works for whatever device is being used.  And, I've learned that a height of 1050 pixels is about right for an 11" page.  So what I usually do is set it up that way so that you see a page and can scroll - within the document.

But what you are asking for, I think, is to scroll on the page and not w/in the document.  Or, to put it another way, to have the whole of the document laid out on the page so you only scroll the page, not the document.  Right?

If so, I think I've done that.  However, that may only be reasonable for documents of only a few pages.  That's because I have to do the math and then do trial and error to get it right.  For instance, 3 x 1050 is 3150, but that wasn't quite enough on this document, so I had to make it 3190 pixels to get rid of the scroll bar in the document.

But if we like it this way then I can try to figure out exactly how many pixels an 11" page takes and get pretty close on the first try on most documents.  But on things like the Body Builder's book, one part of which is 56 pages long, I'm not sure that'll work.

Anyway, lets see how this works and how we like it before extrapolating to everything.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Gary Lewis wrote
...have the whole of the document laid out on the page so you only scroll the page, not the document.  Right?
Exactly.  The way it is today is much more intuitive & natural IMO.  For scanned docs, it seems (to someone who doesn't know better) that you could just add the pixel heights of each scanned page to get the total frame height.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It would be easy to add the pixels - if they told me what they are.  Unfortunately, every document comes up at 476 pixels for width, and 288 pixels for height.  But the full document is ~1050 pixels high, so I don't know why they always give me "288".

Anyway, glad you like it and I'll plan to do that in future.  And, may clean up some of the others as well.

Reply | Threaded
|

Dash Speaker Patch

844rd
In reply to this post by 844rd
I got the dash patch from Ron (reamer). I took a piece of trim to sherwin Williams and they mixed the color, not perfect but close enough.

Kevin 84 F-150 300 i6 Manual 3 speed overdrive 2.47 rear end
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dash Speaker Patch

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks good!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dash Speaker Patch

grumpin
Nice! Thanks for showing that!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 84 F-150 300i6 3 speed OD 2.47 rears 2WD

844rd
A few more things done:
In checking the air cleaner diverted for warm/cold air I found that the diagram was leaking not allowing it to close. I found one on eBay and didn't notice until I stuck it in, that the wire that hooks to the flapper was shorter than mine. Luckily I was able to bend the wire hook without breaking it and now the system works well. Looking online I was amazed at the many different ways Ford had these things set up. Mine seems to be the more simple kind. Vacuum from the manifold tree to the little round temperature switch on top of the air cleaner, from there straight to the snorkel where there is another inline round thing just before the vacuum motor. I see many others will have another something on the side or underneath the air cleaner but mine only has a place for the little filter for the pcv system.

I also made a heat box for the warm air riser out of a coffee can, its kinda rough but it works.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done!  The coffee can is going to work nicely.

As for the link, I've been able to get the link out of one vacuum motor and use it on another.  But your solution should work equally well.  

Reply | Threaded
|

844rd
Oh I just remembered the third thing, I installed an under the hood light from LMC. It has a gravity switch so when the hood is closed it turns off. Lights up nicely with just the standard bulb.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks good, Kevin.  But do you watch it to see that it goes out when you close the hood?  Check the ground to see that there's no light?  It always worries me.