83 F150 rebuild

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

83 F150 rebuild

Sharkbite
Started as a father son project with a few mods to have a nice truck for when he turned 16. Of course it kept growing. The motor was very tired and got steadily worse so we decided to pull it and rebuild. Turns out the block had already been bored and didn't have enough left to work with. fortunately I knew someone with a block and a 331 rotating assembly looking for a home so we jumped on it. Had the C6 rebuilt and while it was easy to get to went ahead and put on a 4 inch lift. Still have the interior to button up and some more carb tuning but it's running strong and sounds awesome. I know the wheels are a bit "flashy" but the kid got to make some of the choices!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 83 F150 rebuild

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks great!  I really like father/son projects.  Did some with my father, but didn't with my son.  

Glad he got to make some of the decisions, regardless of whether they are the ones you would have made.  

Congratulations!!!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by Sharkbite
That's a clean truck. Yeah, the kids have to make some of the decisions. But you can always tells which decisions the kids make!! I built a 70 chevelle with my dad when I was a teen. We had factory ss style 15x8 rally wheels. He was disappointed when I spent my grass cutting money on Boyd Coddington 18" magneto rims.....looking back I am disappointed in myself too HAHAHA. But I felt like a million bucks rolling into school with that car senior year!
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

nmchuck
Nice truck!  I really like the paint color combination, is that a factory color option?

Great job getting your son involved, I missed the boat on a father son project and my boy just does not have the interest now that he has gotten older.  Well done sir!
Chuck
1981 flareside 4x4, C6, 351M
Reply | Threaded
|

Sharkbite
Thanks!

The guy we bought it from said he had it painted a few years ago with the factory paint codes.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
great looking truck. I wonder. do those front wheels rub. if they don't then you might not be trying hard enough. haha
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I just noticed the chrome letters on the tailgate. that fits perfectly in my opinion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sharkbite
Finally got the Vintage Air system wrapped up and the radio installed. I Finished up the new seat cover this past weekend. Hopefully done for now. The kid loves it and drives it every chance he gets. We took it to a cruise in and finally got to enjoy it instead of work on it!

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Very nice! No wonder he loves it!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks great!  Enjoy!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI