126 messages Options
1 ... 4567
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 83 F100 Upgrade

FuzzFace2
Bisquik1959 wrote
Not exactly sure how I feel about the valance / air dam yet. I put it on and could do some fine tuning with the fit and such. But I wanted a place to mount some driving lights and wanted kind of a factory look.
My fix for fog / driving lights and not wanting them above or below the bumper and look factory.

Where did you get the air damn from, got a link?
In the MPG thread it was posted the little one below the bumper helped get better MPG and would like to try one if not a lot of money.

BTW looks good
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Bisquik1959
I got it on ebay for $40 and free shipping. Its just a 1st get Lightning air dam. I would of rather done them in the bumper like yours, but didn't want to paint my bumper afterwards or have it rechromed due to the cost in California.
As for the MPG thread, I built a copy of the factory air dam for mine and ran it for a couple months. Some people claimed to get better mileage. However, in my case I didn't see any difference. The average speed on the freeway is 75 to 80 out here. The guy saying he got better mileage was more in the 55-65 range if I remember correctly. I think at the higher speeds and the shape of the truck, there isn't much that's going to make it better.
"Dumpy" 1983 F100
1986 Bronco II crawler

"Oh Blessed Lady of Acceleration... dont fail me now!" - Elwood Blues
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Thanks for the reply.
Lighting damn will have to look at them just dont know if I want something down that low or not.
How hard was it to get it to fit as the shape of our trucks are a little different?

Yea the speeds here are about the same even with a posted of 70, so maybe that little air damn is not the ticket?
Post up what the MPG are with this larger one if any at all as I would like to know.

Thanks again
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Bisquik1959
This post was updated on .
Its rubberish and was easy to fit to the bumper overall. Just used the holes already in the bumper and drilled the air dam. Did have to trim off the ends.
Again, did it for lights, not mpg. Also it doesn't hang that low. I live on a dirt road and it's not even close to scraping.
"Dumpy" 1983 F100
1986 Bronco II crawler

Reply | Threaded
|

Bisquik1959
Still daily driving her and overall she is doing good. Just need to upgrade the lights a bit for all of my night driving.
I did pick up another project and plan on consolidating all the goodies from  my 54 to my 55 and then sell the 54 as a stock project.
"Dumpy" 1983 F100
1986 Bronco II crawler

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad it is doing so well.  But it sounds like change is in the offing.  Good luck on the consolidation.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

1 ... 4567