classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
55 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ‘82 Bronco restoration

Steve83
Banned User
GM typically uses double-wound motors, or relays to reverse them.  Ford typically uses polarity-reversing switches or circuits to run lock & window motors forward & backward.  If a switch has 5 or more terminals, it might work in a Ford circuit.  Or if you're willing to build the circuit, you can use 3-wire (GM-style) switches.

This one will work in Ford circuits:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TQUARM
Reply | Threaded
|

Dk46
Been busy with body work and sanding....and sanding....  Finally got the primer on and some interior and underhood painted. So I decided to post a few photos

Notice my use of the always free with coupon harbor freight moving blanket.
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  Well done!  When will the painting be done?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dk46
Probably in a week or so, lot of family summer stuff going on. Besides, 100° plus days makes it hard to go at it for to long.
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Dk46 wrote
Probably in a week or so, lot of family summer stuff going on. Besides, 100° plus days makes it hard to go at it for to long.
I hear you on the heat as it has been in the mid to upper 90's here.
4th July weekend I forced myself to get work done. I started about 6am and when it got to 100* in the garage by 2pm I called it quits.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Dk46
Looking for some clipt to attach the body trim. I can get the nut that goes in the truck but not the clip itself.heres a pic.

Thanks for any help you can give
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

Dk46
Anyone????  I know with all the knowledge in here someone has a source.......
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I thought Gary posted this up in another thread?
Did you check the bible at the top to see if there is at least a picture with the base part number and that can be looked up from there.
Dave ----
Dave G.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dk46
Yes I found the part number,  it was for the ."barrell nut" that goes in the hole in the body of the truck.  I need the piece that goes in the chrome trim itself. I read somewhere that Ford only offered them with the trim but I figured they would be aftermarket somewhere.
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
The only mfr. I know of for clips like that is Au-Ve-Co.  But most of what I've found that they make is metal, or interior-colored plastic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dk46
Updates....

Got alot done and still have a ways to go. I have a question and thought i would post some before and after photos. The question is on a a/c hoses. I cant find part numbers or pictures anywhere. There weren't none on here when i got it.  Thanks
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

Dk46
Sorry about the upside down pic. Dont know how that happened
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dk46
You are making progress!  And, as Jim/ArdWrknTrk says, progress is good.  

The info we have on A/C systems is in Documentation/HVAC/HVAC systems.  But, it doesn't look like there are part numbers.  Sorry.

Your best bet is to find a truck in a salvage with the whole system.  In fact, you can pull the whole underhood system intact w/o breaking any connections.  So if you find one that appears to still be charged you can bolt the whole thing in your truck.

That would be far better than trying to build it a piece at a time.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dk46
This forum, like many forums, is not smart enough to read the orientation info in the metadata on a pic.  So any pic taken with any rotation will need to be opened and saved by an app.  Usually the app will auto-rotate it and when you save it'll be oriented correctly.  Usually.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
On the AC system as Gary said if you can find a complete system remove it as a whole.
Now where this becomes an issue is if the motors are the same, v8 for a v8 or six for a six, then you have a switch of compressor types in the later years.

My truck that had the AC system I did not have the motor (300 / six) brackets for the compressor, York for my 81. Also the motor in my project truck was using the van P/S pump so I needed motor brackets to fit that pump setup.

Thing is that setup does not use the York compressor, it uses a Sanden compressor that is the better of the 2 types. That brings up other issues as the hoses are a little different for 1, dryer for 2.
Once I get the compressor with the adaptors (manifolds) for the hoses I think I may make up my own hoses.

I think with a v8 you will have better luck finding what you need in a JY.
If you need hoses have you checked with Rock Auto I know they listed them for my 81 F100 think Auto Zone also but RA was cheaper.
Dave ----

edit: truck is looking good. I had an issue with 1 of my pictures, it was on my site and never had issues before so I left it sideways LOL
Dave G.