1 ... 11121314151617 ... 45
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Some say the 87+ panel is an upgrade as the leaves and pine needles can’t get through the pin holes. But I like the Bullnose slots.
Never say never, Gary.  
(I'll bet that's a musical reference that's way past your time)

Pinhole cowls let in plenty of organic debris, just a lot less than slots.
The amount of muck way down behind my drain boots was startling.
I still have a leak on the drivers side kick, because I can't get in there to fix it.  

Mesh glued to the back of the panel will certainly be better than that.

I'm tempted to leave the rubber boots off, so things can simply wash out.
With my luck hornets would build a big paper nest in there.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
“Never say never again” doesn’t ring any musical bells for me. It is just what Connery said when asked to play Bond again - the second time with more money. So they titled the movie that?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Romeo Void

A dance club standard from 1982
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Romeo Void
A dance club standard from 1982
Is that a cover of the BeeGees song, or of the film soundtrack by Michel Legrand (originally sung by Lani Hall)?
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
FuzzFace2 wrote
At first I thought the radio / no radio was the answer till I read more of the post.
I thought this because the long slots were from my 11/80 F100 Custom non-AC (DSO 2? cant see in picture) and it looks like someone drilled the hole for the ANT. (no ANT with truck) and is all bent and why I did not want to use it

Then the tapered slot cover were on the 2/81 F100 Ranger AC (DSO 22) and this ANT. is the Ford rectangle type held on with 4 screws and looks to be factory, even had the part number yellow tag on it.

So maybe the even slots were a 1980 hold over from different plants?
Maybe?  My 1980 with a 3/80 build date has the long slots.  This was a non-A/C and I *think* non-radio truck.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Steve83
I don't really know.
There are plenty of clips on SoundCloud and YouTube.

With lyrics like 'I might like you better if we slept together' I kinda doubt it.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by Dorsai
Dorsai wrote
FuzzFace2 wrote
At first I thought the radio / no radio was the answer till I read more of the post.
I thought this because the long slots were from my 11/80 F100 Custom non-AC (DSO 2? cant see in picture) and it looks like someone drilled the hole for the ANT. (no ANT with truck) and is all bent and why I did not want to use it

Then the tapered slot cover were on the 2/81 F100 Ranger AC (DSO 22) and this ANT. is the Ford rectangle type held on with 4 screws and looks to be factory, even had the part number yellow tag on it.

So maybe the even slots were a 1980 hold over from different plants?
Maybe?  My 1980 with a 3/80 build date has the long slots.  This was a non-A/C and I *think* non-radio truck.
So some where between 11/80 & 2/81 there was a change but still don't know if it was because of radio ANT. or AC because the 11/80 truck was like yours no radio & AC.
Would be nice if we had a member with an 80 model and it had factory radio & AC to see what slots it had.

I don't think I would have seen this but I was looking at the back sides to see how the foam seal was run and if I could follow the one not used if I could not tell on the one I was going to use.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
With lyrics like 'I might like you better if we slept together' I kinda doubt it.
I knew Romeo Void sounded familiar.  That song is "Never Say Never".  Not "Never Say Never Again", Gary.
Gary Lewis wrote
“Never say never again” doesn’t ring any musical bells for me.
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Never say never, Gary.  
(I'll bet that's a musical reference that's way past your time)
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
And, that's what I said.
Gary's the one that mentioned the Bond movie.

Who's post did you respond to?

Eta: I didn't see your last snippet, when I replied
Because you edited it in.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
I read yours, but Gary's post where he added "Again" to the title made me fixate on the movie.  So when you said it was an 80s dance song, it totally threw me off.  That's when I asked you about the cover.  But after you quoted the lyrics, I recognized it, and went back through the thread to find the mixup.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator

Confusion all around...
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Steve83
I don't why I used 'past'
I guess my mind works before----> beyond

So I was in past mode, not after.
But then this is Gary's time, not after his time.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
This post was updated on .
Put parts on and take parts off but this time it is all good!

Last weekend I prepped the under side of the hood & cowl cover for paint but was to hot but we have a cool spell so I got out early to paint the under side of the hood & cowl cover.

Wile I let it dry I cleaned out the bed of the truck so I could remove it at some point.

Once some what dry I got the truck turned around so I could get the hood on the truck.
You may ask "how do you install a hood by your self"? You hang it from the rafters and drive the truck under it.
Get the hinge bolts started then lower it some so you can get the springs on.

Once on it took a little bit of adjusting to get the gaps good and to close it felt good to see it on.

I then turned the truck around again to pull the bed off. I used a few 2x4's, some straps and my engine hoist to lift it off the trucks frame.
I then used my garden tractor & trailer and lowered the bed on the trailer and parked it outside by my race car & trailer and sons Jeep.
With the bed off I was able to blow the body filler dust off the rear half of the frame. I will need to wash it all off before the bed goes back on as it is looking a little shabby.

Tomorrow I hope to check the fuel gauges for the 2 tanks now that the bed is off and I may put some gas it a tank because with the hood on I cant cap the can I have been running the truck off of as it sits too high and would hit the hood.
Dave ----
Dave G.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Excellent!  Progress!!!!!

Congrat's.  And good job of one-handing the hood.  Those things are awkward!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Progress is Good, Dave!  

You must be real proud of the inside of that hood!!!  

I'll bet you're really itching to see it done and go for a drive.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Gary Lewis wrote
Excellent!  Progress!!!!!

Congrat's.  And good job of one-handing the hood.  Those things are awkward!  
Thanks

ArdWrknTrk wrote
Progress is Good, Dave!  

I'll bet you're really itching to see it done and go for a drive.
It did come out pretty good for the under side. I do see a little dust and 1 bug, had doors open but did not feel any breezes. Before I paint the cab & bed I need to do a much better job cleaning the "spray booth"
Man do I want to drive this thing! Even after the painting is done I still have to put everything back on and to do that spend more $$ for all weather strips and gaskets, want a rear slider, old one is junk and don't want the solid glass but will install it if I have too.
Goal now is to get the paint done ASAP but I think the heat will tell me when I can do this.
Dave ----
Dave G.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
 I'm waiting until around October or November to hit the cab on my truck because that's when the temps will be lower and the weather will be much more cooperative in Florida.

Hopefully you can find some better temps soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
FuzzFace2 wrote
ArdWrknTrk wrote
It did come out pretty good for the under side. I do see a little dust and 1 bug, had doors open but did not feel any breezes.
 I was kidding you about posting the SAME picture three times...  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
ArdWrknTrk wrote
FuzzFace2 wrote
ArdWrknTrk wrote
It did come out pretty good for the under side. I do see a little dust and 1 bug, had doors open but did not feel any breezes.
 I was kidding you about posting the SAME picture three times...  
Crap
When I copied & paste I had to add the pictures back guess it did not copy the link right?
I will fix it.
Dave ----
Dave G.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by salans7
salans7 wrote
I'm waiting until around October or November to hit the cab on my truck because that's when the temps will be lower and the weather will be much more cooperative in Florida.

Hopefully you can find some better temps soon.
I have 2 different reducers based on the temps.
I have a lot of the med temp but only a little of the high temp.
The high temp is hard to come by down here for some reason? I would think that would be all they use because how hot it is?
The first coat I used the med. temp and it went on OK but was not really happy so the next 2 was the high temp and that went on really nice.

It does not take a lot of reducer for thinning but I want to make sure I have enough so going to get more of the high temp to have on hand. If the first coat goes on bad the rest to follow will also be bad.
Under side of the hood no one really sees and it was a small enough panel I could "fix it" by adjusting my speed, on the body I may not be able to do that like on the big roof and the flat hood.
As said that spray gun got heavy!
Dave ----
Dave G.
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 45